Hi all,

enistgok

Hi, 

My name is Enis. From Hove. 

When i found myself involved in the plastic model world at 1983, i think the best phrase for describe that,  “it was gluing time”. Without sanding or painting.. 

After a while (27 years) i turned back to workbench at last. 

In last 8 years; after 4 times move another city, 2 times another country. Finally i set up a working space(1sqm!!!) in our living room. 

Hopefully this time i will work without interruption. During this time i’m pretty sure i’ll be very happy to part of this big and warm forum community. 

Thanks in advance to all. 

Enis

• Like 2

Thanks Dennis,

I’m happy with my 1sqm. But 1/48 and 1/32’s are looking into my eyes from stash. 

Thank you Chris, 

It’s really warm (-23) welcome :) 

only 3 years ago i was working in -35 celcius. I really understand how it’s like. 

8BAF3D3D-AE5E-4E18-B246-5BC16E5EBD9A

Edited by enistgok
I need to learn how can i upload photo from flickr app. I need to learn how can i upload photo from flickr app. I need to learn how can i upload photo from flickr app. !!!!!!
  • Like 3

I started off in a similarly small area, nesteld in a sliding wardrobe, but eventually outgrew it and converted my garage to a workshop.

workbench1.jpg

I doubt my paints would fit in that space now! :blink:

I know those temperatures quite well. The coldest I had to endure was back in February, '04. Our ore crusher plugged and we were trying to get the hydraulic gate open to the other side. I was out there for over 1.5 hours at -48C but the windchill was -69C. Now that is thumb-sucking cold!

Chris

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Now that is thumb-sucking cold!

I used to live in Rhode Island and saw what North American winters could be like but even travelling to the mountains in Vermont and NH never saw anything that bad.  I heard the Inuit have a saying... "It's so cold you can take a leak and lean on it."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Pete said:

If your workstation is in the living room and you want to build uninterrupted, the first thing you'll have to do is shoot the wife and kids!

First i need to wait kids bed time and than threating my wife with playing xbox. So i can be alone in livingroom. 

Probably she’ll dumb me soon...! :)

• Like 1