This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

enistgok

Hi all,

Hi, 

My name is Enis. From Hove. 

When i found myself involved in the plastic model world at 1983, i think the best phrase for describe that,  “it was gluing time”. Without sanding or painting.. 

After a while (27 years) i turned back to workbench at last. 

In last 8 years; after 4 times move another city, 2 times another country. Finally i set up a working space(1sqm!!!) in our living room. 

Hopefully this time i will work without interruption. During this time i’m pretty sure i’ll be very happy to part of this big and warm forum community. 

Thanks in advance to all. 

Enis

Hello Enis ... :welcome: to Britmodeler from Chicago USA. I would say as long as you can work in 1sqm. then all is well. 

Dennis

A warm welcome from a cold place. It was a chill -24C here this morning. Not too bad, considering it was -34C a few mornings ago.

Chris

Thanks Dennis,

I’m happy with my 1sqm. But 1/48 and 1/32’s are looking into my eyes from stash. 

Thank you Chris, 

It’s really warm (-23) welcome :) 

only 3 years ago i was working in -35 celcius. I really understand how it’s like. 

8BAF3D3D-AE5E-4E18-B246-5BC16E5EBD9A

Edited by enistgok
I need to learn how can i upload photo from flickr app. I need to learn how can i upload photo from flickr app. I need to learn how can i upload photo from flickr app. !!!!!!

I started off in a similarly small area, nesteld in a sliding wardrobe, but eventually outgrew it and converted my garage to a workshop.

workbench1.jpg

I doubt my paints would fit in that space now! :blink:

I know those temperatures quite well. The coldest I had to endure was back in February, '04. Our ore crusher plugged and we were trying to get the hydraulic gate open to the other side. I was out there for over 1.5 hours at -48C but the windchill was -69C. Now that is thumb-sucking cold!

Chris

If your workstation is in the living room and you want to build uninterrupted, the first thing you'll have to do is shoot the wife and kids!

13 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Now that is thumb-sucking cold!

I used to live in Rhode Island and saw what North American winters could be like but even travelling to the mountains in Vermont and NH never saw anything that bad.  I heard the Inuit have a saying... "It's so cold you can take a leak and lean on it."

1 hour ago, Uncle Pete said:

If your workstation is in the living room and you want to build uninterrupted, the first thing you'll have to do is shoot the wife and kids!

First i need to wait kids bed time and than threating my wife with playing xbox. So i can be alone in livingroom. 

Probably she’ll dumb me soon...! :)