Just Joined

monsjmse

Hello all.

My name's Mark. I started making models when I was 7 after finally being allowed to buy a Heller-Humbrol Spitfire from the local Post Office. One sniff of the polystyrene cement and I was hooked for life. Alas, my modelling career came to an abrupt halt after I left school when life became more complicated and a whole lot busier. I'm now nearly 40 :worry:. I've had a couple of false starts in the intervening years (I've optimistically bought kits which have sat gathering dust and paints which are now in the bin), but during the last 12 months or so I have found some time to get back into sticking bits of plastic together and painting them. I managed to finish two whole builds in 2017 (with my track record, this was a monumental achievement) and hope to get at least two-and-a-half finished in 2018 :wink:.

My main modelling interest is in military aviation, almost exclusively WWII, though I'd love to be brave enough to try rigging a Wingnut Wings kit one day. I also like building F1 cars.

• Like 1

Spoiler

I'm now nearly 40 :worry:. I've had a couple of false starts in the intervening years (I've optimistically bought kits which have sat gathering dust and paints which are now in the bin)

Hah....sounds just like me! Welcome, from another newbie....:D

• Thanks 1