Revell type XXI Uboat with interior

kpnuts

Hi all, I know I already have lots on the go but what can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment. 

This looks to be a really nice kit and I'm looking forward to the challenge

11kbolk.jpg

tasbyw.jpg

at7up.jpg

334nk85.jpg

30swwft.jpg

sd30h2.jpg

• Like 6

Hey there Kpnut's !

I built that kit about 10 years ago, When it come's time to paint the battery's , save yourself some time and don't detail paint them. I painted every terminal  (122  I think ) and after assembly you cant see any of it . Just paint the battery's main assembly.

( Although I do get a deep sense of satisfaction out of knowing the terminal's are there..... even though no one will ever see them.)

Nice job so far ! I will see if I can dig mine out and post a picture for you.

Nice job so far. Everything look's right to me. But, there is a bit of confusion  over the color of the Torpedo nose cone. I have seen Copper and Green on them but I don't know which is right ( I painted mine Copper.)

I'm still looking for my "Box - O - Sub's .... we moved last year and my stuff got tossed into storage .... somewhere ....

When I find it ( hopefully before you finish your's ) I will post a picture for you.

Got to the bit where you put the hull halves together, what a nightmare you need 6 pairs of hands there is so much to align up all at the same time there will be several gaps therefore loads of filler and masking and respraying, it was all going so well.

OK ...

I didn't want to "Hi-Jack your thread with a bunch of picture's so I posted My Type XXI in  the finished/ ready for inspection section.

I recall using quite a bit of Blue Tape when I put my hull half's together.

(  A lot of "choice word's" too ! )

• Like 1

Hi all nearly done just the rear stabilizers and props then get my head round the proper weathering of a sub (Not sure how to do algae will have to do some googling) 
343hq85.jpg
6tilxv.jpg
25fqf4l.jpg
2l9t65v.jpg
hu3ozr.jpg
ddzmh.jpg
2i1ip0l.jpg
I'm thinking of going back to my scratch building, maybe going back to what I know will boost my kit builds.

• Like 1