Re-photographing my old Aliens Dropship diorama

Back in 2012 there was a Movies and TV group build in which I entered my build of the old Halcyon Aliens Dropship in a diorma with the Gonzo resin APC to depict the 'dust off' scene in the movie. The build thread for it is here

but its so old replies seem to have been disabled now. However, I was never very happy with the photos I took of the finished model, but thankfully Chris B at my model club did a better job and those are in the thread as well. For reasons known only to myself today i decided to have a go at re-photographing the model as since then I've got a better camera, backdrops, lighting and camera tripod etc.

I was so pleased with the result that I thought I'd post it here - it has has a little bit of post-processing in Photoshop to align, crop and to sharpen the focus. In the end I didn't use any of my extra lights, just the ambient light in the lounge and allowed the camera to take a long exposure at F29 to get the depth of focus, hence why some of the shadows are quite deep where the overhead lighting has cast shadows, but I think this looks excellent and am very pleased/

Sadly in the intervening years and during various trips to model shows, the probe at the front of the Dropship has broken off and gone astray, however I don't think that detracts too much from the end result!

DSC_9914.JPG

• Like 15

• 3 months later...