US Marines Sherman M4 (Italeri 1:35)

Hi Wimbledon,

A great Sherman - one of the more interesting ones to look at with all those added details.

Excellent PE work. I bent the sight down on my .50cal cos I just know I'm going to snap it off!

I really like the volcanic sand, most especially on the tracks - although perhaps you need to point out that that's what it is for those who haven't/don't read the WIP.

The only thing I'd change is the gloss finish on the wood. IMHO that really should be matt.

Rearguards,

Badder

Hello,

very nice PTO sherman !!! Just one tiny point of criticism, the .50 machine gun was not used by Marines for several reasons, but mainly because closed hatches were mandatory in close fighting and they prefered the coaxial MG for clearing the path.

Cheers, E

On 11/02/2018 at 5:29 PM, PlaStix said:

Impressive build Nigel and it's great to see a Sherman with the wading gear on. Your PE work on this was topnotch! Well done. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix!! The PE was rather testing so I’m glad you like it!! :smile: 

On 11/02/2018 at 5:45 PM, Badder said:

Hi Wimbledon,

A great Sherman - one of the more interesting ones to look at with all those added details.

Excellent PE work. I bent the sight down on my .50cal cos I just know I'm going to snap it off!

I really like the volcanic sand, most especially on the tracks - although perhaps you need to point out that that's what it is for those who haven't/don't read the WIP.

The only thing I'd change is the gloss finish on the wood. IMHO that really should be matt.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder. I agree re. the sand; it looks more like mud :( I see what you mean about the wood. It’s looks OK to the naked eye but the lens must have picked up the shine !!

14 hours ago, Etienne said:

Hello,

very nice PTO sherman !!! Just one tiny point of criticism, the .50 machine gun was not used by Marines for several reasons, but mainly because closed hatches were mandatory in close fighting and they prefered the coaxial MG for clearing the path.

Cheers, E

Hi Etiene and thank you.

You may have read in the build notes that my subject knowledge is abysmal so thank you for the info re. the .50; I will know for next time :) 

9 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Hi Etiene and thank you.

You may have read in the build notes that my subject knowledge is abysmal so thank you for the info re. the .50; I will know for next time :) 

You're welcome ... especially considering that the boxart shows the .50 installed ;) Anyway, it doesn't detract from the quality of your work !! E

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Carius said:

Great job indeed.

Cheers

4 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

I did not know this model of the Italeri brand, the final finish has been very good, that shine gives a very authentic metal sensation. :goodjob:

Cheers mate :yes:

Thank you both. Kind of you to say :smile: