HMS Victory Diorama.1:72.

Absolutely beautiful work and a terrific lesson in seamanship from you.  Having just read the 'To the Ends of the Earth' trilogy by William Golding this really brings it to life. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/22/2018 at 12:57 PM, Meatbox8 said:

Absolutely beautiful work and a terrific lesson in seamanship from you.  Having just read the 'To the Ends of the Earth' trilogy by William Golding this really brings it to life. 

I see that you love real airplanes too.I am an ex-pilot and my dad and I restored a 1929 Travelair biplane back in the 60s.She is now in a museum due to lack of engine parts.Cheer! John.

Edited by John W Reid

On 3/6/2018 at 3:50 PM, FIGHTS ON said:

I cycle/run past the real thing every morning, but I love your build, much more "alive" than the un-masted thing sitting in 1 basin.

Thanks for taking the effort to post so many good pictures

Your a lucky guy and I am sure that they will restore her to her original glory.As my grandmother used to say "the sun never sets on the Engish empire".Those were good or bad days however you look at it but there was magnificent beauty in those old ships.She often mentioned Nelson and spoke in all those old English nautical terms.

Cheers!

Edited by John W Reid
text
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2018 at 8:04 AM, stevej60 said:

Superb workmanship John and a great lesson in seamanship for us land lubber's!

thanks! I will be posting more in this thread.I have been unable to post recently due to circumstance beyond my control.

As I mention before Shep Paine was a friend of mine as well as my mentor and appraiser of my work for museums.When he was alive he gave me permission to use his pics for educational purposes.He took some great pics of what used to go on below decks.I will post some here and add text and his name on each pic.

Edited by John W Reid

As I mention before Shep Paine was a friend of mine as well as my mentor and appraiser of my work for museums.When he was alive he gave me permission to use his pics for educational purposes.He took some great pics of what used to go on below decks.I will post some here and add text and his name on each pic.

Hello,

Each of my visits to Britmodeller is a source of discovery, surprise, learning.
Well, my friends, I'm not disappointed!
A big thank you for this achievement of very high quality.
Marc

On 4/25/2018 at 11:46 AM, phoscar said:

Hello,

Each of my visits to Britmodeller is a source of discovery, surprise, learning.
Well, my friends, I'm not disappointed!
A big thank you for this achievement of very high quality.
Marc

Welcome new member, I hope that you enjoy your stay here Cheers! John.