New Hawker Hunter F.6/FGA.9/FR.10 "Desert birds of prey" decals in 1/72 and 1/48

Botan

Looks like re-release of Revell's Hawker Hunter brings more decals to market, tis time from company HI-Decal line.

From Hannats:

Hi Decal HD72059

Hawker Hunter F.6/FGA.9/FR.10 "Desert birds of prey" with markings for:
2 x Iraq - including a double Vautour killer
2 x Jordan - two Mirage killers
2 x Oman in two different grey schemes
2 x Somalia

2 x Chile in desert and blue grey schemes

And same in 1/48 scale - HD48029

Just in case if Xtradecals have not enough foreign schemes.

----------------------------------

update:

Hi Folks,

Just to make the things a bit more precise, the upcoming sheets will include markings for the following Hunters:

F.6 - Iraq ('60),

FGA.9 - Iraq - double Vautour killer ('67),

F.6 - Jordan - Mirage killer ('66),

F.6 with recce nose - Jordan - double Mirage killer ('67),

FGA.9 - Oman with dark grey uppersurface camo ('79),

FR.10 - Oman with dark grey/grey camo and mission markings from Dhofar conflict ('79), 

FGA.9 - Somalia (with FR.10 option) ('83), 

FGA.9 - Chile in desert scheme ('75),

FGA.9 - Chile in Ghost grey camo ('75),

Most of these schemes were never covered previously in decal form, or, if covered, then -unfortunately- with many errors. We have also concentrated on schemes not covered by Xtradecals in their "Hunters in international service" sheets.

Greetings

Diego

Hi-Decal

Edited by Botan
Upadated with 1/48 scale sheet.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, SleeperService said:

Before anybody asks they'll be following in 1/48 as well :D but only 6 options :(

Heh, I got tunnel vision after seeing a 1/72 scale sheet, I will update first post about. Anyway, doesn't (6) refers to number of countries? On Hannats it's 6 x 2 = 12 schemes on both sheets.

22 minutes ago, Fulcrum@ said:

Vert good news for exotic fan !

Exactly.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Good spot Botan. I've amended my post.

I have noticed something strange.

In fact Hannats list 5 x 2 schemes so 10, but HI-Decals on their site put such description :

(6) Iraq, Jordan, Oman, Somalia, Chile

Which means 6 schemas in total for 5 countries, so only one get two schemes.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

As far as I'm aware Xtradecal don't do ANY foreign Hunters, at least not in 1/48, so this set will be very welcome indeed instead of the boring ones in the forthcoming Airfix kit.

Fair point, I was referring to a decals in 1/72: Xtradecal X72214 International Hawker Hunters

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Botan said:

Fair point, I was referring to a decals in 1/72: Xtradecal X72214 International Hawker Hunters

Lets hope that XtraDecal will cover all foreing Hawker Hunters at 1/48 just like X72214.

All foreing Hawker Hunters have already been available on 1/48 decal sheets (but not Qatar) but these decal sheets are no longer available for decades.

Belgium Hunters are already well covered by Daco Decals, I bet that Netherland KLU Hunters will be covered by Dutch Decals and Switzerland Hunters will be covered by Matterhotn Circle.

;)

SharkOwl  

Edited by SharkOwl
  • Like 2

On 10/02/2018 at 9:14 PM, SharkOwl said:

Belgium Hunters are already well covered by Daco Decals, I bet that Netherland KLU Hunters will be covered by Dutch Decals and Switzerland Hunters will be covered by Matterhotn Circle.

11:02:2018  I see that their are some Cutting Edge 1:48 foreign decals on Ebay at the moment for the Hawker Hunter

On 10.2.2018 at 9:21 AM, Botan said:

I have noticed something strange.

In fact Hannats list 5 x 2 schemes so 10, but HI-Decals on their site put such description :

Which means 6 schemas in total for 5 countries, so only one get two schemes.

Hi Folks,

Just to make the things a bit more precise, the upcoming sheets will include markings for the following Hunters:

FGA.9 - Iraq - double Vautour killer, with kill markings ('67),

F.6 - Jordan - Mirage killer, with kill marking ('66),

FR.10 - Oman with dark grey/grey camo and mission markings from Dhofar conflict ('79), 

FGA.9 - Somalia in desert camo, armed with Soviet R3S Atoll missiles ('83), 

T.7 - Chile in desert scheme ('82) 

Most of these schemes were never covered previously in decal form, or, if covered, then -unfortunately- with many errors. We have also concentrated on schemes not covered by Xtradecals in their "Hunters in international service" sheets.

Greetings

Diego

Hi-Decal

Edited by Diego
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for these informations Diego.

For your future projects for Hunters Decals at 1/48 scale, be informed that I do not remember that Hawker Hunters from Qatar and Kenya have been covered in decal form in the past. The same situation apply with Hawker Hunters of Rhodesia with the Green/White/Lion Roundel and of Zimbabwe with the Gold/Black fin national marking. Rhodesian Hunters with the Blue/White/Red/Lance roundel have been covered in the past but should certainly be welcome back for the future.

:smile:

SharkOwl

Edited by SharkOwl

If you are thinking of a further expost Hunters sheet may I suggest the Peruvian Air Force as a potential option Diego? The full tail flag and nose markings found on the display team birds makes for a colourful machine.

• 5 years later...
On 2/12/2018 at 9:49 AM, Diego said:

Hi Folks,

FGA.9 - Iraq - double Vautour killer, with kill markings ('67),

F.6 - Jordan - Mirage killer, with kill marking ('66),

FGA.9 - Somalia in desert camo, armed with Soviet R3S Atoll missiles ('83), 

T.7 - Chile in desert scheme ('82) 

Greetings

Diego

Hi-Decal

Is this still alive in 1/48 scale?

It was last rumoured as HiDecal 48029, Hawker Hunter F.6/FGA.9/FR.10 (6): Iraq, Jordan, Oman, Somalia, Chile

Thanks. The Airfix kit is screaming out for the Jordan, Somalia & Oman options. (Xtradecal are offering Lebanese, Iraqj and Saudi markings).

Tony 

The sheet is sheduled for release during the summer, to coincide with the lauch of the new Airfix Hunter FGA.9 in 1/48 scale...

HD48029  &  HD72059 :   Hawker Hunter F.4 / FGA.9 / FR.10 / T.66 

- F.52 (F.4) Peruvian AF, dark green / dark grey camo with colorful unit insignia,

- F.51 (F.4) Royal Danish AF, dark green / dark grey camo with colorful unit insignia,

- F.51 (F.4) Royal Danish AF in overall olive green scheme,

- FGA. 71 (FGA.9) Chilean AF in sand / brown desert camouflage, 

- FGA. 71 (FGA.9) Chilean AF in blue-grey / light blue-grey camouflage,

- T.72 (T.66)  Chilean AF in sand / brown /dark green desert camouflage,  

- FGA.76 (FGA.9) Somali AF in sand / brown desert scheme and Soviet K-13 (AA-2 Atoll) AAMs,

- FGA 73 (FGA.9) Omani AF with experimental assymetrical scalloped edge grey disruptive camouflage,

- FR.10 Omani AF with grey camouflage and combat mission markings.

Edited by Diego
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2