MFH 1/12 Ferrari 126C4

Thanks for the nice words gents!

Jo, your 1/43 looks awesome, when you think of the actual size the level of detail is superb. I've always said 1/43 is to small for me (getting old and the eyesight is on it's way) but I really wish the produced F1 models in 1/32, always was a scalextric nut and love that scale.

I one of my earlier posts I mentioned the broken section of side pod that was broken, I mentioned previously I was certain (as I can be) that I didn't do it but thought I'd repair it none the less. I chased out a section from the underside of the part to allow a thin section of poly card to be glued then applied a thin section of the fine Milliput and worked on it from there.

40015058364_b92e81e117_b.jpg

39830218715_0c97d9b731_b.jpg

41308438935_cc5813ab78_b.jpg

27408100427_6e087e460a_b.jpg

So far, so good, needs a little more work to it. To be honest the photo shows so much more detail, I will increase the depth of the recess prior to applying the top coat.

Which brings me up to date, all the body work is all primed awaiting the Zero 'Rosso Formula 1 1970's -1980's' top coat, hopefully during the Bank Holiday Weekend!

27382656057_ecd1186603_b.jpg

Fingers Crossed

John

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John!

HELP!!       PLEASE STOP POSTING MFH BUILDS EVERBODY!!

I've got a 'Short list' of about 12 MFH subjects already. And not one in the stash. And My Bank Manager is already giving Me funny looks!!😁

I'm going to have to find a 'Stash Convertor' to finance some!!

Just kidding, keep 'Em coming, wonderful to see them being built,a real treat!!

Keep Sticking!                            Cheers, Pete

Edited by morty_3333
  • Haha 1

On 6/1/2018 at 12:22 PM, morty_3333 said:

Hi John!

HELP!!       PLEASE STOP POSTING MFH BUILDS EVERBODY!!

I've got a 'Short list' of about 12 MFH subjects already. And not one in the stash. And My Bank Manager is already giving Me funny looks!!😁

I'm going to have to find a 'Stash Convertor' to finance some!!

Just kidding, keep 'Em coming, wonderful to see them being built,a real treat!!

Keep Sticking!                            Cheers, Pete

Cheers Pete,

Unfortunately I know exactly what you mean, this may well be the first and last 1/12 MFH, they are expensive but when you look at the hundreds (thousands for me) of hours of enjoyment making the bloody thing it doesn't seem as costly.

It doesn't help with their latest releases though.

On 6/2/2018 at 1:56 AM, tweeky said:

Just Got the 1993 McLaren MP4/8 the Donington (European) GP version all I can say is stunning.

I'm envious already Tweeky, I love the MP4/8 with its smooth lines and great livery. I'll be looking forward to your WIP shortly then!

Back to the Build, the bank holiday came and passed with spraying the inside faces of the panels first using Zero JPS black which is a bit thick and slow but goes on well and gives a great finish.

42506025782_541a29130b_b.jpg

I left it a couple of days before the painful task of masking up and once that was done prepared for apply the top coat.

42558094341_7a9664b19c_b.jpg

The last few photos were taken after a couple of coats, it's now been given a good last coat and being left for a week before top coating, the consistency of the red was a lot thinner than the JPS black and went on a lot quicker, no issues though and still got a good finish. I've purchased Zero's  Diamond Finish - 2 Pack GLOSS Clearcoat System, I've never used this before so will try on a test piece first obviously but a little worried about being too glossy for the era.

42558094251_e00919a09e_b.jpg

42506025552_7ae2b38915_b.jpg

On a disappointing note, on first real inspection of the vacuum formed windscreen I found a nasty crack down it, so I will be emailing Japan again very shortly.

Thanks for looking.

John

• Like 1