Mitsubishi G3M2/3 Type96 Attack Bomber 'Nell'

I am a big fan of Japanese twin engine bombers and the Nell in particular I think is a great looking aircraft. Build was usual Hasegawa - perfect fit and no dramas to speak of. Paints used were Vallejo Japanese set for top and Mr Color for underside.

20180208_181055.jpg

20180208_181027.jpg

20180208_181152.jpg

20180208_181116.jpg

In the cabinet:

20180208_182656.jpg

With his IJN friends....

20180208_181634.jpg

• Like 30

Lovely models, all.

The Peggy is particularly fascinating to me, you can really see a family resemblance to the Betty there!

IIRC the Peggy was used by the IJN as well as the IJA but I don't think it ever got an IJN designation. At least I've never see it referred to anything other than the Ki-67.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MikeR said:

Very nice indeed - I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person in the UK with a Ki-67 in their collection!

Mike.B)

I was wondering if it's lack of availability/cost that puts people off or is it that folks in Europe & US are just not that interested in some of the more obscure Japanese subjects? Hasegawa's Ki67 is a great kit and it was one of my favourite builds of all time. Would happily build another but I don't know that I'll find one for less than £40. I can't get enough of them but finding them for reasonable cost is tricky.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I bought my Hgawa Nell for £17 not inc p&p and customs charge - cant recall total cost but Im pretty sure its less than UK price. Anyhoo, nice build, it is a good kit of an interesting subject.

What paint was used for the Hiryu btw? Ive got one in my stash.

• Like 1

Thanks for showing this!

I also think the "Nell" is quite a smart looking plane and have long toyed with the idea of hunting down the Hasegawa kit.

You build really does it justice - don't see many of them around.

Nice collection too, by the way.

👍😎

• Like 1