Japanese Lear

I built this several years ago but re-photographed it more recently. It's the Hasegawa 1/48 U-36A, a militarised version of the Learjet used by the JMSDF. The basic Lear kit was simplified in detail but fit really well, and the radome/wing pods etc were supplied as resin. I couldn't find any reference of the interior so I depicted some of the blinds half-closed to hide the lack of detail. I did some basic re-scribing and airbrushed the model with Gunze lacquers.

LearLR_0136.jpg

LearLR_0140.jpg

LearLR_0142.jpg

LearLR_0147.jpg

• Like 42
  • Thanks 1

Nice build...What are those on the end of the wings? Are they fuel tanks or something else? The one on the starboard wing looks like it might have a glass cover. Or is it just the angle of the shot.

Edited by missile-monkey
typo. Fat fingers small keyboard....

1 hour ago, missile-monkey said:

What are those on the end of the wings? Are they fuel tanks or something else? The one on the starboard wing looks like it might have a glass cover. Or is it just the angle of the shot.

Writeups on the U-36A mention 'sensors' (unspecified) and a 'missile seeker simulator' for tactical training, which I believe is the stbd fixture. (Nice closeup here.)

All that being said...it's a gorgeous model! Really well done.

Edited by thorfinn

12 minutes ago, thorfinn said:

Writeups on the U-36A [the JASDF designation] mention 'sensors' (unspecified) and a 'missile seeker simulator' for tactical training, which I believe is the stbd fixture. (Nice closeup here.)

All that being said...it's a gorgeous model! Really well done.

Gottcha....now I know what the designation is. I've done a little reading myself.  Thanks for the knowledge thorfinn.

Regards

MM