F-35 Lightning

Mr Bowcat

Hi guys,

As a confirmed armour builder I am somehwat surprised at how much I am enjoying my current build, a Tamiya A-10A Thunderbolt II. So much so that I recently picked up a Revell F-15E, and now quite fancy geting a F-35B as well.

The question is, which F-35 to go for? I'm thinking the Kitty Hawk version, but wonderd if anyone could suggest a better option?

Cheers,

B

• Like 1

If you're building in 1/48 then the Kitty Hawk version is the only game in town for an F-35B, which is unfortunate because it's a bit of a pig. If you just want an F-35 and aren't picky about the variant, Meng's F-35A looks pretty good.

If you're building in 1/72 and don't mind waiting a bit, Hasegawa are releasing an F-35B shortly.

Cheers for that. I was hoping to build the B variant, but I guess I could consider others.

I looked at the Meng offering as I love their AFV's, though a few reviiews I've read have said it's not on par with their other kits, which is a shame.

23 hours ago, Mr Bowcat said:

Cheers for that. I was hoping to build the B variant, but I guess I could consider others.

I looked at the Meng offering as I love their AFV's, though a few reviiews I've read have said it's not on par with their other kits, which is a shame.

I was put off by some of the reviews too, especially the comments about the raised details, but it looks fine in the box. Only downside is the price - £50 is a lot - but you can find them cheaper if you look. I got mine at the Huddersfield show on Sunday for £30.

2 hours ago, enistgok said:

What about Panda? 

I saw an ebay auction with very low price. But skipped. 

The Panda kits are based on the X-35 prototypes rather than production F-35s, so I suspect that quite a bit of work would be needed to bring one up to scratch.