Frog Hawker Hunter.

stevej60

Morning folk's sorry to bang on about my current oldies infatuation but back to frog for a second entry,I think I might have built a Matchbox Hunter

ages ago can't remember building Airfix's offering or Frog's.Not seen this kit in the flesh but it must be the same as the Novo kit being built by Pat.

39250514425_a4c72e92d1_b.jpg

• Like 11

Hi folk's here's the part's count for the Hunter,glad to report it look's great,canopy is reasonable and decals as good as new which is great as

I have no back up one's so couple of day's to go then a week off so hopefully get a start.

39363889505_27b5c5819e_b.jpg

• Like 4

I'm keen to see what you can do with this Steve, something a bit marvellous no doubt. :) I picked up one of these in a bag a while back, no decals or 'structions so I'm probably after the Xtradecals international Hunters sheet or maybe the recently announced Hi Decals one, I'd quite fancy an Omani Hunter. What options does this one come with?

Steve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

I'm keen to see what you can do with this Steve, something a bit marvellous no doubt. :) I picked up one of these in a bag a while back, no decals or 'structions so I'm probably after the Xtradecals international Hunters sheet or maybe the recently announced Hi Decals one, I'd quite fancy an Omani Hunter. What options does this one come with?

Steve.

Hi Steve,Swiss air force and RAF I think early seventies scheme I'll pop a photo of them in the morning they look useable and are in good register too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Those decals look brilliant Steve, I'm a big fan of the old Frog decals. To my mind, that sheet has just about the right amount of stencils too. :) Done like your photo it'll look fantastic, that is a great scheme.

Steve.

Agree about the scheme Steve I'll be spraying a gloss pre and post decalling!

• Like 1

Morning folk's well not very often a Jet graces my table and the Hunter certainly is graceful,fit was excellent apart from the wing join which

can be cured with a little filler.

39586496274_c6e959fd39_c.jpg

• Like 7

Wow this is a blast from the past, I used to love these as a kid and built many over those early years. Good luck with the build.

steve.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John_W said:

I recall the colour density on the Frog/Novo decals not being great. My Swiss version had two tone white crosses from the underlying camo pattern : o (

Thank's John I'llsee how they go.

4 hours ago, Col. said:

Smooth work Steve :wub:  If the decals do give you trouble let me know and wee aid package can be organised ;) 

Cheer's Col much appreciated.

2 hours ago, speedy said:

Wow this is a blast from the past, I used to love these as a kid and built many over those early years. Good luck with the build.

steve.

Thank's Speedy!

• Like 1

Evening folk's,after a little tinkering I'm happy enough to start the painting of the Hunter,so taking my cue from the photo a light gray

applied to the underside's.

25535438157_4486f5bb7a_b.jpg

• Like 6

Steve, nice to see you involved in another GB and also involved in a BIG way.

For those who did not follow the recent Matchbox II GB, Steve kindly graced us with 12 (!!!) rather marvellous classic builds and it would appear that his enthusiasm for old moulds has not drained one iota!! 

Your on a roll pal, great to watch you at work once again.. 

Cheers.. Dave 

4 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Steve, nice to see you involved in another GB and also involved in a BIG way. For those who did not follow the recent Matchbox II GB, Steve kindly graced us with 12 (!!!) rather marvellous classic builds and it would appear that his enthusiasm for old moulds has not drained one iota!! 

Your on a roll pal, great to watch you at work once again.. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Many thank's Dave,kind word's indeed,these build's are filling a void after the Matchbox GB which was a blast,Frog because of their timespan tend to

be more or less refined than Matchbox kit's this Hunter was a real suprise to me itreally is a great little kit,anyway more progress first coat of green

applied which look's a lot lighter in the photo.

26565870738_82ec1ee3f8_b.jpg

• Like 8

On 08/02/2018 at 11:38, stevej60 said:

Not seen this kit in the flesh but it must be the same as the Novo kit being built by Pat.

Hi Steve

actaully Frog did two Hunter kits, the F.6 you have, and much earlier an F.1,  whichis what Pat has

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235033314-novo-hawker-hunter-old-school-build/

Neat work,  and good to see these kits being done with care.

cheers

T

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

Hi Steve

actaully Frog did two Hunter kits, the F.6 you have, and much earlier an F.1,  whichis what Pat has

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235033314-novo-hawker-hunter-old-school-build/

Neat work,  and good to see these kits being done with care.

cheers

T

Thank's Troy.once the kit arrived I was pleased to see a much newer tooling than Pat's!

2 hours ago, Col. said:

Nice to see this one in colour Steve :speak_cool:

Cheer's Col,the second coat's on and glad to say the masking tape held fast and there was no paint bleed along the fuselage de-markation

line once glossed she should look the part.

• Like 1

Morning folk's nearly make or break time for those decal's,gloss coat applied which after a little touch here and there has blended in the painting

nicely I'm pleased with it up to now.

40474376941_d16d721e16_b.jpg

• Like 7