Lockheed GB Chat

TEMPESTMK5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good morning

Come on if you want to build lockheed products (aircraft and so on ...) next year express yourself because this Gb needs more participants..

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5

1 hour ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning

Come on if you want to build lockheed made aircraft next year express yourself because this Gb needs more participants..

Patrice

Lockheed made anything, not just aircraft!

Lots of Lockheeds that I will build in the not too distant future: Lodestar - Hudson - Super Electra - Starfighter - Hercules. I could easily synchronise one of these with a Lockheed GB.

Nils

• Like 1

Quick question - would an F-16 be acceptable as a "Lockheed" product? And if so, would it have to be one manufactured after Lockheed-Martin absorbed General Dynamics' Fort Worth division, or would any Viper in service after the merger (and therefore supported by Lockheed-Martin) be okay?

Longer explanation to why I'm asking - a few months ago I bought the digital PDF edition of the January, 1992 tenth anniversary issue of FineScale Modeler, which was shortly after my first few issues of FSM but one I missed at the time...there's a full-page ad for Academy-Minicraft (as it was at the time) in that issue that gave me an idea for this GB: It starts with the line "Past, Present or Future, 1/72 Scale is the Way to Go" followed by photos of three Academy-Minicraft kits representing the present (F-15E Strike Eagle), the future (F-117A Nighthawk) and the past (B-17B Flying Fortress). Aside from the heavy irony that the F-117 is long since retired and the F-15E is still going strong, that ad got me thinking that since this GB is dedicated to the products of a particular company (Lockheed), why not focus my choice of kits on those produced by a particular company (Academy) and take the theme from their magazine ad from 26 years ago and run with it?:

The Past: P-38J Lightning

The Present: F-16C Fighting Falcon (or, if that's off limits, F-22A Raptor)

The Future: F-35A Lightning II

Time permitting, the SR-71 Blackbird and F-117A Nighthawk might also fill in different eras of the past...

• Like 1

Good afternoon Sabre Days

I think that since the F16 appears in the list of Lockheed Aircraft https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Lockheed_aircraft

you can join this Gb with an Academy kit and build it along the P38J and F35A Lightning II ...

Patrice

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 16/06/2018 at 19:55, modelling minion said:

You can add my name to the list Patrice.

Probably either an LC-130 (after I've found a kit!) or a U-2 or maybe even a Ventura.

Craig.

Welcome aboard Craig

Your program looks very interesting 👍

Best regards

Patrice

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Grandboof said:

Good evening Patrice 

Would like to join with an Electra (L-188) or Connie or L1011  if I may 

Martin H

Good evening Martin

Welcome aboard ..

Patrice

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:27 AM, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning

I would like to propose a Lockheed GB for 2019 plenty of very interesting subjects both civilians and military aircraft

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Corporation

Patrice

Good afternoon Patrice.

I'd like to join in this GB please. Have a couple P-80, an SR-71, and a Constellation in the stash that I can think of.

4 hours ago, Col. said:

Good afternoon Patrice.

I'd like to join in this GB please. Have a couple P-80, an SR-71, and a Constellation in the stash that I can think of.

Good evening Col

Welcome aboard I have just added your name on the list ..

Best regards

Patrice

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...