Lockheed GB Chat

TEMPESTMK5

Patrice...yes please add me too.

I will do an F-16, F-22 or F-35...see what i can pick up at the Scot Nats in 2 weeks, unless i see something great online before it starts on 13th.

Is any variant of F-16 eligible?

Thanks 

10 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Patrice...yes please add me too.

I will do an F-16, F-22 or F-35...see what i can pick up at the Scot Nats in 2 weeks, unless i see something great online before it starts on 13th.

Is any variant of F-16 eligible?

Thanks 

Good morning Valkyrie

Welcome aboard you know what Enzo says in that case ''build them both'' ..

Any variant of the F16 is welcome ..

All the best

Patrice

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oooo time flies , another GB rolls up that I want to join .... better get my ****** in gear and get the Hawk, Trainers GB,  finished.  ( The Typhoon of Doom and filler will not be finished for ages haha). I can only cope with 2 models in progress :)

Choices time both 1:48:   Meng F-35 or Tamiya F-16N 

This one crept up.I've got seven build's going on in current GB's all bar one in 1/72 scale but dare not start anything more right now,I'll

be along later with something.

2 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

This one crept up.I've got seven build's going on in current GB's all bar one in 1/72 scale but dare not start anything more right now,I'll

be along later with something.

Haha I was literately about to post something similar 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I've got 18 in progress at the moment...   :mental: 

4 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

About the same here..... 

Never had more than 9 going at one time ever. My hat is off to both of you if you can keep track of all of those builds. 

Hhmm... I've been planning an FB-22 since I returned to the hobby. Assuming I can join in with what is technically an "What-if" as it never flew?

Sure I have something else if not.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Never had more than 9 going at one time ever. My hat is off to both of you if you can keep track of all of those builds. 

That's the problem Dennis, I don't keep track of them and keep loosing parts! I have the attention span of a gnat! In the past week, I have worked on 3 different projects, none are getting any closer to being finished! :D

• Like 1

Two words: Ziplock Baggies!

works wonders for me when I’ve got too many on the go.

im tempted to add an F-104 but I don’t want to end up with too many on the go, lol.

On 4/7/2019 at 1:21 PM, MarkSH said:

Gosh this came around quick! Looking forward to it anyway.

10 hours ago, stevej60 said:

This one crept up.

10 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Haha I was literately about to post something similar 😂

I believe the phrase that had been in my mind was, "Oh dear, this one snuck up on me..."  But it would be rather rude not to participate, n'est-ce pas?  The difficult thing, of course, is figuring out what to build (shut up Enzo!)... I don't think I'm brave silly enough to think I could accomplish the Orion I just (finally :yahoo:) got (...and there was much rejoicing.)  There's an open box full of Lightning (the right one) parts chiding me as I come up to the desk.  There's that XP-80 conversion I researched and kind-of almost sorta started a few years back...  Oh yes, the Hudson with my daughter's initials (ZSOS)... That "bumblebee" Canadian Ventura- a strong contender, that one!  etc, etc. 

11 hours ago, RJ-WobblyHands said:

I can only cope with 2 models in progress :)

10 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I've got 18 in progress at the moment...   :mental: 

Yes, but can you cope?

3 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

That's fine, as long as one has the self discipline to always put the parts back in the bag!  :lol:

Or in my case, wonder what the heck I did with the bag... still looking for- or rather wondering when I'll unearth- my XActo knife.  Don't worry, I bought another!  (And now people are thinking, "What? You only had ONE XActo knife?!?")  I did finally find a pair of diagonal cutters (and not those petite ones they sell to hobbyists) in a kit box.  It DID seem rather heavy when my attention came back around to whatever type that was!

Edited by gingerbob

I quite fancy the Viking as I've never modelled it before,if I don't wan't to spend any money I have an Italeri F-104 with a lovely Jordanian  scheme

in the box and Academy's F-35A in the small stash we'll see how the present build's go.

13 hours ago, Dazzio said:

Hhmm... I've been planning an FB-22 since I returned to the hobby. Assuming I can join in with what is technically an "What-if" as it never flew?

Sure I have something else if not.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Good afternoon Dazz

Sorry no What-if allowed for this GB

I am sure that you will find something interesting to build in the list here

All the best

Patrice

1 hour ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon Dazz

Sorry no What-if allowed for this GB

I am sure that you will find something interesting to build in the list here

All the best

Patrice

Good Afternoon Patrice,

That's the point mate, the FB-22 *IS* in that list, that's what surprised me as it would be an "what-if" as the aircraft never flew - as far as I understand it.  Just wanted to check before I started planning the build as the aircraft (F-22) has to be effectively cut in half and extended.

No worries if not, there is plenty in that list to work with. :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Hi all, and @TEMPESTMK5in particular... Good choice for a GROUP build!

I've just started a Lockheed Twins WIP and had a steer to this. 

Never done a GB thing, so what is the score? 

Do I just keep building on my WIP and put some updates on a thread here? 

It's one of those build adventures where I don't really know where I'll go with it, except it'll be Lockheed Twins silver birds all the way, and not very military-ish 

Patrice, there's a sextet of today's L-M that's been nagging me ever since the F-16 STGB left them on my shelf of shame. I post a few pics expecting you to say they're past the 25% mark and thus eligible to be pushed back to that very same shelf. It was interesting to gather all the pieces and a stack of build plans - not instructions! - I had almost forgotten. So here they come, watch your six!

2019-04-09_06-52-27

Five A:s and a B. Planning to do four AM:s (DK, NO, NL and B ) and an B ADF (ITA), can't remember which block the POR was meant to be... But it's in the decal instructions, no worries! As you can see, they will be built "legs up", in this GB or not!

2019-04-09_06-54-13

Some assembled and painted bits and pieces...

2019-04-09_06-54-48

...and some unassembled and unpainted bits and pieces! (After taking these pics, I found yet one box with tail fins, tailerons etc. minor stuff)

2019-04-09_06-57-27

Kit supplied and aftermarket decals, with Daco reinforcement plate sets x2.

2019-04-09_07-04-12

And finally, some targeting pods and other goodies. But, as you can see, it's clearly past the 25% limit and shall wait for KUTA 2025... or later :coolio:

V-P

Edit: Haha, even this forum software can't take Belgium seriously... B + ) = B)