Lockheed GB Chat

TEMPESTMK5

2 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

Hi all, and @TEMPESTMK5in particular... Good choice for a GROUP build!

I've just started a Lockheed Twins WIP and had a steer to this. 

Never done a GB thing, so what is the score? 

Do I just keep building on my WIP and put some updates on a thread here? 

It's one of those build adventures where I don't really know where I'll go with it, except it'll be Lockheed Twins silver birds all the way, and not very military-ish 

Good evening Rob

It is very simple  : open a thread for the Lockheed TWINS you have started in the WIP section and post the updates when this Gb starts in 3 days ..Patrice

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

Patrice, there's a sextet of today's L-M that's been nagging me ever since the F-16 STGB left them on my shelf of shame. I post a few pics expecting you to say they're past the 25% mark and thus eligible to be pushed back to that very same shelf. It was interesting to gather all the pieces and a stack of build plans - not instructions! - I had almost forgotten. So here they come, watch your six!

2019-04-09_06-52-27

Five A:s and a B. Planning to do four AM:s (DK, NO, NL and B ) and an B ADF (ITA), can't remember which block the POR was meant to be... But it's in the decal instructions, no worries! As you can see, they will be built "legs up", in this GB or not!

2019-04-09_06-54-13

Some assembled and painted bits and pieces...

2019-04-09_06-54-48

...and some unassembled and unpainted bits and pieces! (After taking these pics, I found yet one box with tail fins, tailerons etc. minor stuff)

2019-04-09_06-57-27

Kit supplied and aftermarket decals, with Daco reinforcement plate sets x2.

2019-04-09_07-04-12

And finally, some targeting pods and other goodies. But, as you can see, it's clearly past the 25% limit and shall wait for KUTA 2025... or later :coolio:

V-P

Edit: Haha, even this forum software can't take Belgium seriously... B + ) = B)

Good evening VP

Welcome aboard with this sextet .. I am looking forward to follow  your multiple builds ..

I just you won't get bored ...

All the best

Patrice

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Dazzio said:

Hhmm... I've been planning an FB-22 since I returned to the hobby. Assuming I can join in with what is technically an "What-if" as it never flew?

Sure I have something else if not.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Not to hi-jack Patrice’s thread, however there is a WHIF build starting in September. I think that the FB-22 would be wonderful addition to it. Heres a link if you're curious ? 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235030301-film-fictional-and-speculative-gb-at-30/

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, masterqq said:

Hi,

Can I join with a Esci C-130 which is about 25% done now?

Good morning masterqq

No problems welcome aboard , this will be a very interesting buld to follow ..

All the best

Patrice

Good morning all Lockheed fans

I am sorry but I probably would not have time to welcome all the participants and to follow each build ..

So read the welcome and Rules thread , pick up a nice kit in your stash then start a thread and above all enjoy your build and have fun ...

Patrice

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mungo1974 said:

Hmmm, was thinking about joining this GB to give my mojo a kick up the butt since I've not even sat at my bench for around 6 months now. 

Looking at a GWH 1/48 T-33 in the stash

Good morning mungo1974

I don't know the GWH T33 kit but the T-Bird is nice choice of aircraft to get your mojo back ..

All the best

Patrice

I'm probably going to join in once the Hunter is done, but still can't decide what to build. I have a choice of 4  - Neptune MR.1, 1/32 T-33, 1/144 Super Connie, or 1/48 F-104J. They're all tempting. And before anyone pipes up with 'you know what Enzo would say' I don't have time to build them all!

22 minutes ago, zebra said:

I'm probably going to join in once the Hunter is done, but still can't decide what to build. I have a choice of 4  - Neptune MR.1, 1/32 T-33, 1/144 Super Connie, or 1/48 F-104J. They're all tempting. And before anyone pipes up with 'you know what Enzo would say' I don't have time to build them all!

Good morning zebra

Don't worry too much for the choice the more important thing is that you enjoy your build ..

All the best

Patrice

3 hours ago, Alan P said:

May I join you with a Lockheed Martin F-35 (Kitty Hawk 1/48 kit)? I won't be starting just yet but should be finished within the deadline.

Alan

Good afternoon Alan

Welcome aboard and enjoy your build ..

All the best

Patrice

• Thanks 1

Hi all, I purchased the Academy 1/72 F-16a at the show today. The version in the link below.

Are there any decal or upgrade options to make any other different schemed ones of this model? US Poland Israel anything...

Thanks 

264330-26441-36-720.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 1

I believe the academy F-16’s represent production blocks 1-15. They had a smaller sized horizontal tail. Its possible the early NATO users.

“Original NATO partners.

Once selected by the United States, it was further decided to form a partnership between the United States Air Force, then beginning development of the plane for service, and nations of the NATO alliance who had a similar need for a lightweight fighter. Four such nations chose to join the development effort, and became part as well of the production and sub-contracting work to build the Fighting Falcon. The four European partners, collectively known as the European Participating Governments (EPG), are Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, and Norway; their air forces are likewise referred to as the European Participating Air Forces (EPAF).” This ⬆️ came from that link.⬇️

Besides European nations Israel, Indonesia, and others use very early block A’s. Check this link to see which air forces use them.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Dynamics_F-16_Fighting_Falcon_operators

A second link to help you.

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_versions_article3.html

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon

I would like to represent my Academy P38 Lightning in the markings of Jack Illfrey's aircraft 

190430041554801859.jpg

But I would like to represent it with the DDAY ID bands and I am looking for pics of this aircraft at the time of the Normandy landing operations  ..

Thanks in advance for your help ..

Patrice

Should be able to join this GB after this weekend, just have to finish an F-86 in the 50s NATO v Warsaw Pact GB. So many choices for Lockheed I really am not sure which way to go. I do love the F-80 / T-33 'T-Birds' but there are already several being built here. The F-104 Starfighter is, for me, the most definitive Lockheed aircraft of all time and I have quite a few 1/48th kits in the stash so a 'Zipper' would be an option. However, I just purchased the Roden 1/144 C-141B Starlifter (1/3rd off at Hannants) and have the Caracal decal sheet and I don't see this graceful jet transport represented here yet. Decisions!

Michael