50s NATO Vs Warsaw Pact in Europe GB Chat

Good build session now coming to an end. Some great models in the gallery resulting from this. 

I'm signing up for the 90s Group build but don't anyone forget the Tornado Group build in September next year. Lots of 90s opportunities to be done. 

Colin 

• Like 2

Still got 11 hours left if my math is right for the last minute pushes.  😉

And yeah, I might be one of the ones included in that group.  🤣

• Haha 1

Well, my four are in the gallery - as usual, right at the end of the GB.  :lol:

This has been an excellent GB, but is also the end of an era.  We have had a epic range of connected GBs over the past four years.

Many thanks to Col. for hosting this one and in fact all of the NATO v WarPac GBs.  :thumbsup:  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well gang that was great fun :D Thank you one and all for making this GB so enjoyable. The range of subjects was, once again, as impressive as the chat was entertaining. I've re-opened the gallery temporarily as I know some of you didn't get a chance to submit your photos of finished models and once that's done we'll get the poll sorted and on with the voting :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Like others have already said, an enjoyable GB with a lot of nice and varied models finished and shown in the gallery and a fair bit of light hearted banter along the way :)

Roll on the next one

Thanks to @Col. for organising this GB and keeping us all in line over the last few months :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, modelling minion said:

looking forward to the 90's edition.

Oh good.  All these 1990 Mig-21, etc...

4 hours ago, modelling minion said:

1980's Asian

Oh yes...much fun ahead!

• Like 2

Cant believe this has come to an end! Reminds me I must get and finish my current GB   👀

Thanks for arranging, Col. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Here's to the 90's build!! :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Cant believe this has come to an end! Reminds me I must get and finish my current GB   👀

Thanks for arranging, Col. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Here's to the 90's build!! :cheers:

My pleasure. Glad you enjoyed it :D Here, indeed, is to the 90s edition :cheers:

Hard to vote.  So many unique, clean builds.  Well done to all that took part.  :cheers:

And looking through the votes which are currently scattered all over the board, I'm not the only one that was having trouble.  

• Like 1

Remember gang, you are voting for a single subject over all three sections rather than one from each section ;) 

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 13:07, Col. said:

Remember gang, you are voting for a single subject over all three sections rather than one from each section ;) 

The voting must be using the same voting system as Brexit rules, 17 members have voted and 24 votes have been cast 😂😂

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Redstaff said:

The voting must be using the same voting system as Brexit rules, 17 members have voted and 24 votes have been cast 😂😂

I think that's because people like me who have been following the GB but didn't participate have also voted.  As I didn't have a dog in the fight I'm able to be impartial and vote for the build I like best.  I thought this was permissible under BM rules?

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Wez said:

I think that's because people like me who have been following the GB but didn't participate have also voted.  As I didn't have a dog in the fight I'm able to be impartial and vote for the build I like best.  I thought this was permissible under BM rules?

It is indeed permissible Wez and I'm glad you followed the GB and also voted. The issue here is some have cast multiple votes rather than picking one subject :( 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2019 at 8:12 AM, Col. said:

It is indeed permissible Wez and I'm glad you followed the GB and also voted. The issue here is some have cast multiple votes rather than picking one subject :( 

hmmmm that is bad luck...

but sometimes several categories are made, that looks similar then... 

you know, you SHOULD READ and understand  before voting.....  if not strange results can occur that knowbody really can digest, even after 3 years.... :(

more serious, maybe subgroups / categories would have helped in this large GB gallery portfolio!

like jets and props and tanks,. 

or scale, 

or East and West and finally Neutral....

I know, a bit late now, sorry!

apart, thanks for the fantastic host work during this GB!

I really really enjoyed it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

hmmmm that is bad luck...

but sometimes several categories are made, that looks similar then... 

you know, you SHOULD READ and understand  before voting.....  if not strange results can occur that knowbody really can digest, even after 3 years.... :(

more serious, maybe subgroups / categories would have helped in this large GB gallery portfolio!

like jets and props and tanks,. 

or scale, 

or East and West and finally Neutral....

I know, a bit late now, sorry!

apart, thanks for the fantastic host work during this GB!

I really really enjoyed it!

Glad you enjoyed the GB Werner. That, in the end, is what it was all about.

I did try to organise the subjects into some for of categories but in the end couldn't get a split that fitted within the maximum number of vote options so it has ended as something of a mess unfortunately :( 

17 hours ago, Col. said:

Glad you enjoyed the GB Werner. That, in the end, is what it was all about.

I did try to organise the subjects into some for of categories but in the end couldn't get a split that fitted within the maximum number of vote options so it has ended as something of a mess unfortunately :( 

a mess? 

no not at all!

such a successful GB should not be called like that!!!! look at the amount of entries and finished gallery entries!!! :thumbsup:

voting is secondary, terciary or ....thanks for trying and setting up a vote at all ;) I always enjoy going through the gallery once more and trying to make up my mind.... hardly easy :banghead:

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Time to wrap this edition of our GB up by announcing the winner of the poll. The votes were well spread across many entries thus honourable mentions go to @theplasticsurgeon's 603 Sqn. Spitfire 22, @Corsairfoxfouruncle's USAF F-86F Thunderstreak with Mk.7 'Device', @modelling minion's Yugoslav AF Bf-109 G-10, @BlackAck's Belgian AF RF-84F Thunderflash, @Redstaff's 56 Sqn. Meteor F.8, Col.'s 602 Sqn. Spitfire Mk.22, @IanHx' 'RAF' RB-45C Tornado, @Hardtarget's Seafire Mk.17, @Enzo Matrix' Venom NF.3, and @Peter Lloyd's Yak-25M which all gained attention.

In joint third place with two votes each are @stevej60's Sea Fury, @Fatcawthorne's 93 Sqn. F-86 Sabre F.4, @stevej60's Marinefliger Seahawk, @helios16v's Finnish AF Vampire FB.52, and@franky boy's Meteor FR.9

In second places with three votes comes @stevej60's Skyraider AEW.1 and @Creepy Pete's USAF RB-45C Tornado.

The winner with four votes is @Dave_R's 1st Royal Tank Reg. Comet.

Congratulations to everyone who took part and thanks for making it such an enjoyable GB. We've another chance to visit the same theme for the 90s era if anyone wants to get their name down and get us into the November vote ;) 

• Thanks 7

7 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Thanks @Col. once again for a thoroughly entertaining GB, Looking forward to the 90's version.

Will you be joining us for the 80's Asia version in a few weeks time?

Thank you.

I'd love to join in the fun but at the moment work is taking up far too much of my time and energy. Hopefully things will level out soon and let me back to the bench.

• Like 1