50s NATO Vs Warsaw Pact in Europe GB Chat

7 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Well given my Canberra is a bust before it even got going I need something else to build, only thing I can think of on local shelves is an italeri f-84g, not sure I fancy a nmf build though.......

Remember we are working from late '45 onwards here Stu so anything involved then is good including Spitfires, Tempests, Mustangs, Thunderbolts, Meteors, Avia S-92...

6 hours ago, Col. said:

Remember we are working from late '45 onwards here Stu so anything involved then is good including Spitfires, Tempests, Mustangs, Thunderbolts, Meteors, Avia S-92...

Forgot the 40s also count, I’ll keep looking though I am considering the firedog beuafighter in the same colours as the Canberra that’s obviously outside of this GBs scope now....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Col. said:

Oooh! I picked up a PR46/47 from the Post Office yesterday, maybe its time for a prop thingy for a change?

Hmm. I shall let the paint stock decide I reckon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RMP2 said:

Oooh! I picked up a PR46/47 from the Post Office yesterday, maybe its time for a prop thingy for a change?

Hmm. I shall let the paint stock decide I reckon.

No. No. No. No. No. As Ben Kingsley would say.

Finish what youve started, Rob. Only then can you open another box!!

Yea, right...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RMP2 said:

No. No. No. No. No. As Ben Kingsley would say.

Finish what youve started, Rob. Only then can you open another box!!

Yea, right...

.....but THIS new 

just acquired model, she shouldn't always be like this?! 👹😁

.....THIS no opened box, box whispers - open me!!!! 👹😁....see HOW the model plastic looks on the sprues and asks him to separate 👹😁 ...

....do You  HEAR the name of this model from other unfinished models,

from the closet 👹😁

....one unfinished model, two unfinished

models, three

unfinished

models, ten unfinished, hundred unfinished, thousand

- what a difference? 👹😁.....О.К. - beginning only-only THIS models, after what, You of course finished what youve started! 👹😁..

5568a33b1e38d40668897a78b43a25df.jpg

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 1

Ooops.

46765112144_f6dfed2ff9_b.jpg

What a lovely looking kit this thing is. If it goes together half as well as it looks then Ill be a very happy bunny.

• Like 2

On 3/28/2019 at 9:19 PM, RMP2 said:

...What a lovely looking kit this thing is. If it goes together half as well as it looks then Ill be a very happy bunny.

There's a few being built in this GB and the 60s edition that will be worth having a look at as a few minor fit issues have come to light ;) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We now have a month remaining of our GB gang. There's a good selection of finished models in the gallery, 28 at my count, plus plenty more getting close to finished. Anyone else up for a last-minute project?

This edition of our theme will have seen it run from the 80s right back to late 45 but is anyone up for a 90s edition?

• Like 1

I've got a Farmer that may try to get out of the box yet.

And you know I'd be down for a '90s...even though I always seem to be strapped for time.  🙄

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, helios16v said:

And you know I'd be down for a '90s...even though I always seem to be strapped for time.  🙄

Good man :D 

1 hour ago, Wez said:

If the timing is right then yes of course!

I'll get a new thread started on the subject :) 

On 4/13/2019 at 10:11 AM, helios16v said:

On 4/13/2019 at 2:27 PM, Wez said:

If the timing is right then yes of course!

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

:bounce: OOOH OOOH ME ME !!! I missed the 70’s & 80’s as they were before i joined the forum. Ive done the 60’s and this one so yes id be up for a 90’s. 

40 minutes ago, wimbledon99 said:

Er, Yes Please!!!!!! :happy:

Cheers lads. A suitable thread has been started :) 

• Like 3

Got a space cleared on the bench and also stumbled across some reference material I had picked up from a local used bookstore a while back that I had forgotten about.  😅

46937766704_c9336762d0_c.jpg

• Like 4

Good thing I went and double checked the dates...I don't think I'd be able to satisfactorily complete the MiG-19/S-105 in time.  My brain was thinking end of May...not in 2 weeks.  😅

I've got a 1/72 Meteor PR Mk.10 & a 1/72 Vampire FB.52 in the stash w/ applicable decals in the box.  I'll have to take a closer look (and dry fit) of some of the parts and see if I can realistically toss one together in a couple weeks w/ my limited free time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, helios16v said:

Good thing I went and double checked the dates...I don't think I'd be able to satisfactorily complete the MiG-19/S-105 in time.  My brain was thinking end of May...not in 2 weeks.  😅

I've got a 1/72 Meteor PR Mk.10 & a 1/72 Vampire FB.52 in the stash w/ applicable decals in the box.  I'll have to take a closer look (and dry fit) of some of the parts and see if I can realistically toss one together in a couple weeks w/ my limited free time.

A pity we won't see your MiG-19/S-105 here but the Meteor or Vampire are equaly welcome if you do decide to go with one of them.

Yeah, it's going to take a fair bit of work.  The fit of the fuselage wasn't the greatest, plus the pit is actually designed for the Trumpy kit which means there is going to be a bunch more fiddling around there.  I would probably need to be on vacation the next 2 weeks, not working 65-75 hours a week right now.

I think I'm going to take a crack at building a Finnish Vamp.  Fit up looks fair, and doesn't appear to be a very complicated kit.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, helios16v said:

Less than 36 hours to go!  😬

Approaching 27hrs now :( 

Look on the bright side though gang, we could have the chance to revisit this theme soon with the 90s edition if it gets enough names and goes through the November vote ;) 

Go on, you know you want to :D 

• Haha 1