50s NATO Vs Warsaw Pact in Europe GB Chat

ok the F86K is out for this one, it's going in the 60's GB, so now it'll probably be a Luftwaffe F-84F. Hopefully some manufacturer would have released a good one finally or it'll be the Hobby Boss one with lots of extras.......or I found something else!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, trickyrich said:

ok the F86K is out for this one, it's going in the 60's GB, so now it'll probably be a Luftwaffe F-84F. Hopefully some manufacturer would have released a good one finally or it'll be the Hobby Boss one with lots of extras.......or I found something else!

...lot of extras and hard effort from what I've read about the kit :(  With any luck there will be a whole selection of new kits out that will be eligible for this one by the time it happens ;) 

21 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Several IS-3s in the stash.....This seems like the best place to build 'em!  ;)

Sounds an excellent plan to me :D 

I might do a B-36 from monogram in 1/72 scale for this GB. 

O, Rich if you do the F-84F, you can always do the monogram one. Hehe You just need to rescribe it. 

Cheers, 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2018 at 3:00 AM, Col. said:

...lot of extras and hard effort from what I've read about the kit :(  With any luck there will be a whole selection of new kits out that will be eligible for this one by the time it happens ;) 

The HB one isn't that bad, just quite basic, the Kinetic one appears to be the old Monogram one with recessed panel line instead of raised ones, and the Italeri one is the one with real issues one being the intake is completely wrong, but there is an AM replacement now to fix it. So for the moment the HB one is the only real game in town.

2 hours ago, Arniec said:

O, Rich if you do the F-84F, you can always do the monogram one. Hehe You just need to rescribe it. 

pulling teeth would be more pleasant! 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Arniec said:

Cheers, 

The B-36 will certainly make for an impressive model Arnold :thumbsup:

18 hours ago, trickyrich said:

The HB one isn't that bad, just quite basic, the Kinetic one appears to be the old Monogram one with recessed panel line instead of raised ones, and the Italeri one is the one with real issues one being the intake is completely wrong, but there is an AM replacement now to fix it. So for the moment the HB one is the only real game in town.

pulling teeth would be more pleasant! 

Hmm, wonder if it was the Italeri one I'd read was a mess, sure a rescribe job wouldn't be outwith your skill-set though Rich ;) 

17 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Sure I’ll consider this one, perhaps a lakenheath supersabre 

Good choice Stu :D 

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Hmm, wonder if it was the Italeri one I'd read was a mess, sure a rescribe job wouldn't be outwith your skill-set though Rich ;) 

I hate re-scribing at the best of times but a while plane!!! :wacko:  With either the HB or Italeri one I think I could hobble something together, or I go something completely different. Anything as long as it's not a NMF plane!

On 7/4/2018 at 5:19 PM, Arniec said:

I only just noticed this!!! :yikes: Poor Arnold has either gone completely bonkers or he's got a new cookie recipe! That'll be HUGE!!! But it would look impressive.

But then I can't talk I nearly bought a Zoukei Skyraider (still will). I've so gotta come up some more space for everything!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Col,

Definitely up for this.

...late mark spitfire...vampire...

You'll have to watch the title, I think, because, I think, the Warsaw pact was signed in 1955.

I would prefer 1945-50 to be separate because there is so much great stuff there, but maybe its better to have one bigger do like this with a better chance in the vote.

Alan 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Angus Tura said:

he Warsaw pact was signed in 1955

May 11, to be precise.  Thank you that.  I would have slipped up too!  

So since NATO was signed in '49, anything from spring 49 - spring 55 is out on the NATO side as well?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Angus Tura said:

Col,

Definitely up for this.

...late mark spitfire...vampire...

You'll have to watch the title, I think, because, I think, the Warsaw pact was signed in 1955.

I would prefer 1945-50 to be separate because there is so much great stuff there, but maybe its better to have one bigger do like this with a better chance in the vote.

Alan 

Cool :thumbsup:

Understand what you mean about the title being perhaps confussing but I'm trying to retain the common theme which has ran through the previous editions and proved popular so far. I did, however, think the late-45 to 1949 period was a little too narrow in focus to support a GB of its own but fitted better into this GB as part of the link charting the changes post WWII and the emergance of the Cold War.

23 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

May 11, to be precise.  Thank you that.  I would have slipped up too!  

So since NATO was signed in '49, anything from spring 49 - spring 55 is out on the NATO side as well?

Anything used by the various nations which went on to be part of NATO and the Warsaw Pact is good for this one. Hopefully we'll all discover a little bit more about the formation of the two organisations and their backgrounds while having fun building models of the equipment they used.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else keen to join this one? Having had a lot of fun with the 80s and 70s editions and the 60s about to start this coming Saturday a late 40s/50s would not only complete the set but also give us a chance to model some rather cool subjects from an interesting era :) 

9 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

I think I'm already in...there are so many of these...I get confused.

Yes you are already in, you were the first person after Col to sign up.

I've already got my subjects planned, it will be a triple build so I hope it goes ahead!

• Like 1

Any more care to join us? With the 60s edition about to kick off tomorrow it'd be nice to see this one make the vote for next year and keep the theme going :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ok ok 🤷🏻‍♂️ I surrender ... Im in for this not sure if I will go Air or Armor ? 

Good man :D Either or both is good.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 06:27, Col. said:

Anyone else keen to join this one?

Go on then Col.

I'm sure I'll be able to find something suitable when the time comes :) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Redstaff said:

Go on then Col.

I'm sure I'll be able to find something suitable when the time comes :) 

Yay! :D There's certainly no shortage of subjects for this era.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Go on then  :wink:

Okay cool :D 

6 hours ago, spaddad said:

Can I have a go?

You most certainly can :D 

20 minutes ago, Stew Dapple said:

Hi Col,

Can I sign up please? I'm pretty sure there's something in the Eduard Mig-15 set that would suit... :) 

Cheers,

Stew

Of course you can Stew, delighted to have you aboard, the Eduard MiG-15 is a lovely kit and an ideal subject for this GB :D 

• Thanks 1