Big white triangle

Pretty much everything glued that needs gluing now, just the pitot tubes each side of the nose left, then a few minor bits of painting/touching up.

It could be Woodford 1962 - a brand new white Vulcan rolling off the production line!

wldpgo.jpg

Edited by Lord Riot
  • Like 2

Just about ready for decals!

2ro3lte.jpg

28bbd3t.jpg

2qlr61x.jpg

30s7ex5.jpg

Overall she's been a really fun build, and apart from quite a bit of filling and the sanding needed in the intakes a relatively straightforward one. The Vulcan's amazing shape means even someone with limited/average ability like me can make her look quite nice. I think the white is even more eye catching and classic 60's Vulcan.

I'm probably going to finish her in the 83 squadron markings from the Modeldecal set. Although I love 617's lightning flashes, the 83 antler is equally beautiful and something a bit more unusual.

I used a satin white spray (three coats) and obviously black for the fin tip and nose radome. For the fuselage aerials I mixed the brown and light grey from the little paint pots included in the kit. There aren't too many colour photos of white Vulcans, but these colours seemed closest from those I found.

Finally, I cut away the kit jet pipes and after much filing and hollowing out the resin 201s fit perfectly. If Airfix ever re-release a Vulcan, I hope they include 201 and 301 jet pipe options. Ideally they'll make a B.1 too but that's probably too much to ask for!

Anyone know if there is a B.1 conversion kit (and decals) available for the Airfix Vulcan?

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing it decalled up. 

Flightpath do a B.1 conversion & Printscale do decals for 2 aircraft on one of their sheets. Both in stock at Hannants. Go on, you know you want to!

Pete

• Like 1