1/72 - Państwowe Zakłady Lotnicze (PZL) P.24 by IBG Models - P-24B/G released - new P.24A/F in 2024

Homebee

• 2 months later...

I have Greek PZL P24G, my very  first serious scratch conversion done  maybe 1974 or even 1973, from Revell P 11 C. Looks that  it is high time to do a sucessor...

Great news!

J-W

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - PZL P.24 by IBG Models - P-24G released - new boxing
1 hour ago, Graham Boak said:

Romania had the P-24 but not the G.

Of course, therefore it will be (I do hope) another box

1 hour ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

And your info is from...?

This was not info, this is only guess based on the so far logic of IBG, which looks that all variants of PZL P7, P11 and P24 seems to be kited 

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

29 minutes ago, JWM said:

which looks that all variants of PZL P7, P11 and P24 seems to be kited

IBG Models never announced P.7 and no other variant of P.24 was announced since 2018.

Here is full list of their announcements for this season as well as announced and not released in previous years:
https://nowosci.plastikowe.pl/aktualnosci/zapowiedzi-2020-2021-ibg-models/

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Państwowe Zakłady Lotnicze (PZL) P.24 by IBG Models - P-24G released - new boxing in 2023
40 minutes ago, Fin said:

I can only hope the secret item entry in the relevant section of the IBG 2023 catalog is the PZL P.24E. Unless it’s the IAR 80!

Now they can do it, I've just finish converting their nice P.24G into an E...

In order to do it right, it is not only about the fuselage halfs, engine cowling, reducer and propeller but also the wing assembly. P.24 Es were only having 2 wing mounted machine guns, not 4... 

GX9A5480

• Like 5

23 hours ago, mack said:

Now they can do it, I've just finish converting their nice P.24G into an E...

In order to do it right, it is not only about the fuselage halfs, engine cowling, reducer and propeller but also the wing assembly. P.24 Es were only having 2 wing mounted machine guns, not 4...

I would add that this was a different wing - equipped with a cannon, which was not mounted (hence only two MG). And this wing differed in the panels on top and the slats on the bottom (within the cannon). So when IBG makes this version, you'll have a chance to build the correct one again :)

But leaving aside the above, your model is very nice :)

On 1/31/2023 at 4:57 PM, Homebee said:

New boxing expected in 2023

PZL24B.png

V.P.

Great news! IBG seems to have chosen one of the late liveries for the box art, at a time when the P.24s in Bulgarian service were increasingly pushed into second line roles (advanced trainer, etc.). Usually I've seen decal sheets only offer the earlier roundels.

I haven't bought any IBG kits yet, and between this one, the Greek PZL P.24G and those lovely Dora-9s, I might actually items to warrant the shipping costs!