"To Remember The many" The Tamiya Lancaster 1/48

9 minutes ago, giemme said:

Big holiday, actually - 3 weeks, we packed all up in one go 😄 That's all for the year, and totally worth it, we had a great time

Ciao

Glad to hear it dear boy. You earned it. 😀

• Like 1

Hello Dear Spad !

Glad that you've had a good time in hols… And Gin ???

Rhubarb and Ginger… Why not after all, SWMBO make some veg juice far weird than that, and still I enjoy it !

Greeeeaaaat Lancaster nearing the end ! Good Lord, you did a really brilliant work !!

Once again :partytime: !!

I just finished my last evening work day, Now 13 days off !

Sunday it will be Scottish day in Waterloo, and then a tiny escape with my wife in Germany, just one night (Without kids an dogs….:guitar::guitar:) Did I hear naughty ???

Really good Lancaster !! Next one ? Hum hum ! A naval aviation aircraft of course !! A contrail Vac formed Blackburn Blackburn !!

That will be great !!:evil_laugh:

Sincerely.

CC 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/16/2018 at 12:40 AM, corsaircorp said:

Hello Dear Spad !

Glad that you've had a good time in hols… And Gin ???

Rhubarb and Ginger… Why not after all, SWMBO make some veg juice far weird than that, and still I enjoy it !

Greeeeaaaat Lancaster nearing the end ! Good Lord, you did a really brilliant work !!

Once again :partytime: !!

I just finished my last evening work day, Now 13 days off !

Sunday it will be Scottish day in Waterloo, and then a tiny escape with my wife in Germany, just one night (Without kids an dogs….:guitar::guitar:) Did I hear naughty ???

Really good Lancaster !! Next one ? Hum hum ! A naval aviation aircraft of course !! A contrail Vac formed Blackburn Blackburn !!

That will be great !!:evil_laugh:

Sincerely.

CC 

Thanks CC. Hope you have a great time away with Mrs CC. The Lanc is deffo getting there, just need to get to the bench. I was away last weekend visiting London with friends and I’m back on house fixing duty before the Autumn starts which leaves little time for plastic. Fingers crossed I’ll get all the chores done soon eh.   As for what’s next? Something small.🤣

Hope you have have a productive thirteen day break.

Take care.

Johnny.

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:04 PM, The Spadgent said:

@Stew Dapple @CedB @giemme @Biggles87 @keefr22 @At Sea @TheBaron @rob85 @Max Headroom

Thanks guys, you are really too kind. :penguin: 

A little more tonight.

the other wall was put in and some wires at the far side. The tops had to be sanded, I couldn’t get her looking as neat as I wanted so I stuck on two strips of paper thin plasticard. Much better.:howzat:

39521130424_7df4f7933c_b.jpg

I don’t know if you can see the little holders just in the middle of the main section? Well they’re CrAzY small, I have to fit 0.3mm wire twixt that bomb bracket and the holder. My eyes are :blink: so I’ll leave the rest for tomorrow.

oh and. 

Thanks CC you are a true Gent. I can’t wait to settle the bit inside it’s new home. -_-

Thanks for looking in. More soon.

Take care and as always. Happy Modelling.

Jont.;)

I've got some catching up to do by dare I say, hubba, hubba. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Definitely broken the back of the window fixing around the house. Thankfully didn’t break my back taking this pic. 🤣

42470811910_1f816992bc_b.jpg

It’s our wedding anniversary today and we were having friends over but Mrs Spadgent got herself all ill last night so we have had to cancel everything. Which means while she’s in bed resting and it’s absoulutly 🌧️🌧️outside I can only see one thing to do.   ?

I have written a list of all the last things that need doing on the Lanc, first up is the props and exhausts.

44279124761_889bac1e9d_b.jpg

while getting all the bits sanded and ready for primer I noticed that I’d made a mistake. You’re meant to fit the rod into the nacelle then I could have pushed the prop o to it. Oops.😥 never mind I’ll pad out the rod and push that into the hole in the nacelle. Same but different.

Next up the exhausts.

43561491334_b78f8c58c5_b.jpg

I started drilling out the ends after sanding them off but was making a right pigs ear of ‘em. 😥 I decided to try a dry fit and see what you could see.

29342924167_f6431f1efe_b.jpg

what even??? That doesn’t look right and there’s only four. Instruction time.

44230316642_67beac6462_b.jpg

I’d disregarded these sets of exhausts because there were only three pipes.

wait.......for.........it.............

wait...............for....................it................

penny eventually drops.

29342924817_be0626f082_b.jpg

now they look better.😅

While they dried, I primed the prop tips white and then painted yellow.

29342924257_9667ff60d0_b.jpg

everything then got a pre shade.

29342924237_6a63eb4dfa_b.jpg44230316312_e4b8423e1e_b.jpg43373161495_768cc46500_b.jpg

tips got masked just before the black coat.

43561490804_6c76fd0779_b.jpg

Ping!!!!

29342923367_d8607fe869_b.jpg

ping Ping!!!!!!!

happy with that. 😇

gloss coat then I can add weathering and pigments. 

The main course gets glossed again after decals ready for weathering.

44230318612_8b15febae9_b.jpg

Right I’ll check on the other half after posting this and then get some more done.

every cloud and all that. Hope you’re all having a lovely Bank holiday weekend.

take care and as always. Happy Modelling.

Johnny.

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 18

I see you are at the same point as I am with my builds - last "few" bits to sort :frantic: Except that I still need to do the decals (and there's a two pieces sharkmouth waiting for me, to be posed on a multi-curved surface :wall: ))

Anyway, I meant to say excellent job on those last bits, final stretch really in sight! :clap: :Tasty:

I hope Mrs. S recovers soon

Ciao

3 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Nice work Johnny, looking great.

Hope your good Lady gets well soon.

Simon.

Thanks. She’s sitting up now. 😉

3 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Ditto

John

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Best wishes to Mrs Johnny.

Martian 👽

Passed on.  X

13 minutes ago, giemme said:

I see you are at the same point as I am with my builds - last "few" bits to sort :frantic: Except that I still need to do the decals (and there's a two pieces sharkmouth waiting for me, to be posed on a multi-curved surface :wall: ))

Anyway, I meant to say excellent job on those last bits, final stretch really in sight! :clap: :Tasty:

I hope Mrs. S recovers soon

Ciao

Thanks G. Good luck with those . Ahem last few steps. 🙃

• Haha 1

Managed a bit more before the kids decended.

44284392861_933cb58877_b.jpg

after all the use by @CedB I decided to test the AK paste. How long is that meant to dry before I can buff?

Next the props got assembled.

44284392871_2322226619_b.jpg

stuck one on just for fun. The padding worked. ☺️

44284392661_e2393d2c69_b.jpg

looks good. 

Had a go at using lamp black oil for the darks on the tyres.

44235809712_d7c94065ac_b.jpg

hmmmm not bad. (Please excuse the fluff from the cloth I buffer ‘em with) I’ll have another look in the morning. Gotta fly. Thanks for dropping by.

take care.

Johnny boy. 😵

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 20

That's looking very nice, Johnny! I love what you've done with the props and wheels, particularly. I can see your finish line (and mine's coming into view soon, too)!

9 hours ago, giemme said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ciao

Too kind sir. 

9 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Ooooooo getting excitingnow with the final bits and weathering to come.   Great work Johnny.  Hope Mrs Spadgent is okay. 

All the best 

Chris 

Thanks. There’s always some snag or another. 😵

51 minutes ago, Bell209 said:

That's looking very nice, Johnny! I love what you've done with the props and wheels, particularly. I can see your finish line (and mine's coming into view soon, too)!

Thanks. Yes we’re doing well. 😊

• Like 1

Gah! There’s always something. 

Just about to weather her and remembering I haven’t put the lights in yet. Not usually a problem but I can’t seem to find a good shot of this area. 😣

30427956728_e4089fd413_b.jpg

Some seem to have smaller lights, Tamiya suggest having the whole thing as s light.

Help me @isaneng you’re my only hope. 

I’ll crack on with some other bits. 😊 Happy bank holiday guys.

Johnny.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Hi Johnny. Just catching up after being gone for quite a while. Most impressive. As for the lights, there are earlier and later versions (you no doubt know this). There are more esteemed Lanc authorities on here who can probably provide specific data for your version. However I do have this so hope it helps:

Lanc_Light.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Gah! There’s always something. 

Just about to weather her and remembering I haven’t put the lights in yet. Not usually a problem but I can’t seem to find a good shot of this area.

Does the 4th picture here help at all? Shows PA474 with the late formation lights.

Dave

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tomoshenko said:

Hi Johnny. Just catching up after being gone for quite a while. Most impressive. As for the lights, there are earlier and later versions (you no doubt know this). There are more esteemed Lanc authorities on here who can probably provide specific data for your version. However I do have this so hope it helps:

Lanc_Light.jpg

Thanks Tomo. I only know about the bits I’ve done. So this helps a lot. But this along with the pic @dave665 has offered is confusing still. The back one isn’t a light then? Or are those three little prong things the lights? 

4 hours ago, dave665 said:

Does the 4th picture here help at all? Shows PA474 with the late formation lights.

Dave

Thanks these are very useful, better than anything I could find. Still not clear about the back light.

4 hours ago, Twentecable said:

This is absolutely crazy and amazing work.. have no other words for it...

Greetings Lars

Thanks. 😀

41 minutes ago, Quietstorm7 said:

Hi,

Looking really good now, really love how this is coming along, the wheels look fantastic 👍

Alan

Thank you. 😊🙃

19 minutes ago, RamboRamage said:

Stunning!

Thanks. 

50 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

The back one isn’t a light then? Or are those three little prong things the lights? Or are those three little prong things the lights? 

Yep, there's a light at the end of each little prongy thing.

• Thanks 1