"To Remember The many" The Tamiya Lancaster 1/48

On 9/17/2018 at 1:52 PM, Matt_ said:

giphy.gif

sorry matt.  i thought i would nick you gif but is the only thing i can do.  jonny that lanc is AMAZING.  i will look forwardto all your ohter builds

Edited by SA80A2AR
random clown emojis where they shouldnt be
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2018 at 1:55 AM, Thom216 said:

She looks fantastic. Well worth the long build!

Thank you. I’m it was fun while it lasted but it’s putting me off building that 1/24 Typhoon sitting in the stash. 😲

On 9/16/2018 at 2:00 AM, Broadsword said:

I've enjoyed every step of this. Great model. Thanks for sharing.

You’re more than welcome. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

On 9/17/2018 at 1:52 PM, Matt_ said:

She's finished! And what a beauty.

giphy.gif

I just bought my first ever tank kit a couple of weeks ago. So if I may, I think I shall follow along with your next endeavour as well. 👀

Thank you. Please do follow along I’ll need all the help I can get. 😄

13 hours ago, SA80A2AR said:

sorry matt.  i thought i would nick you gif but is the only thing i can do.  jonny that lanc is AMAZING:clown::crosseyed:.  i will look forwardto all your ohter builds

Why thank you kind sir. 

6 hours ago, cherry268 said:

A master class in model building

She looks wonderful

Oh my. Far too kind but thank you. 🤗

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One of the reason to return in this hobby was after visiting the RAF museum in London last Spring. Here I was really impressed with the Avro Lancaster aircraft. I start finding information about Lancaster models and I find your post here :). For me this post has been a master piece of how to deal with all the process of modeling. 

Thanks you :)

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

They do indeed unc. 🙂 and thanks.

Hi, Johnny, my mate!

That's good to know, as my Tamiya Lanc kit is deep into the stash. Will have to fish it out soon.

I fancy to building mine going thru maintenance, sitting on support jacks; sort of having the bomb bay open, flaps down and even the wheels up. Two first aspects easily doable, but I guess I'll have to learn quite a lot about the undercarriage legs folding mechanism first.

How accurate would be to have the engine exhaust stacks without the flame hidders, I wonder? Do you happen to know about a resin replacement for the engine stacks?

Incidentally; how's family and sweet Matilda doing?

Big hug, my bruh!

Cheers,

Unc2

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Hi, Johnny, my mate!

That's good to know, as my Tamiya Lanc kit is deep into the stash. Will have to fish it out soon.

I fancy to building mine going thru maintenance, sitting on support jacks; sort of having the bomb bay open, flaps down and even the wheels up. Two first aspects easily doable, but I guess I'll have to learn quite a lot about the undercarriage legs folding mechanism first.

How accurate would be to have the engine exhaust stacks without the flame hidders, I wonder? Do you happen to know about a resin replacement for the engine stacks?

Incidentally; how's family and sweet Matilda doing?

Big hug, my bruh!

Cheers,

Unc2

Hya unc.

I believe there are some Belcher bits replacements but depending on the age of your kit the parts I found to be fine.

Fams good thanks. :)

Johnny  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I believe you Lancaster build is even better than museum quality. Extraordinarily well done. Incidentally, I believe this is the first time I've seen bomb racks accurately reflected (not sure that's the right word) in a model. I can imagine the painting wasn't easy. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cole said:

Wow, what a build.. top notch

Thanks. Much appreciated.

6 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I believe you Lancaster build is even better than museum quality. Extraordinarily well done. Incidentally, I believe this is the first time I've seen bomb racks accurately reflected (not sure that's the right word) in a model. I can imagine the painting wasn't easy. 

Thank you. That’s very nice of you to say. Painting was a long process. That’s for sure. 😇❤️

• 2 months later...

I'm very late to this party but what a build! Fantastic work.

I had to laugh at doggy having a nibble at your book early on. Our dog has eaten my glasses, my running shorts, my ski jacket, a fleece and my favourite Montane walking jacket, oh and the corner of one of my 1970s Queen vinyls LPs, but curiously hasn't touched anything belonging to the wife. I'm sure she's trained that way...

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

oh and the corner of one of my 1970s Queen vinyls LPs

Sacrilege!!!! 

23 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

but curiously hasn't touched anything belonging to the wife. I'm sure she's trained that way...

I'd say so too... :D 

Ciao

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

A Day At The Races. One of the best ones.

Now I'm bleeding....  and crying....

My only Queen vinyls are of the later production, from A kind of Magic on - safely stored away!

Apologies for the OT Johnny, I'll stop now :) 

• Like 1