Yugoslav 1/48 Hawker Fury

SleeperService

2 hours ago, SleeperService said:

courtesy of Col the wise and omnipotent 

Who!?! :lol: 

Welcome to the GB fella. Look forward to seeing you get going with this one again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see a stalled kit of an interesting subject revived.

Should it go askew again, it also just qualifies for the Classic Airfix GB (up to 1980 released kits) - but we don't want to see that do we?

So (if you don't mind) I'll push you along with encouraging words every now and again to see you through... and I hope that's not taken as stalking!!  

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/02/2018 at 11:31 AM, SleeperService said:

A search is underway in the chaos that is SleeperCentral for the starboard fuselage half and attached lower wing. I know it was in the box with the rest of the bits. 

FOUND IT :yahoo:In a box of tee shirts under the bed. 

On 24/02/2018 at 2:07 PM, MarkSH said:

If you've lost that to the Carpet monster you may need to bring in your lawn mower!

My flat is a carpet free zone but I seem to have a tee shirt box monster instead :whip:

• Like 1

It lives indeed @Col. I have proof.

tumblr_p59vzdMaqo1t8blhlo1_1280.jpg

I remember one of the reasons this stalled :( On the starboard fuselage there is a large depression in the surface as shown above. I've been round the fill/sand wheel three times now and hope layer four cracks it. There's a small amount to fair in the fuselage/wing mount and on the port side but the latter is self-inflicted. More soon I promise.

It might be worth checking your kit BTW I have another, brought at the same time that has the same starboard side fault but nowhere as bad.

• Like 3

Nice to see you getting this one underway again. The two kits I have are from a much earlier boxing and better quality by far than the latest ones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col. said:

Nice to see you getting this one underway again. The two kits I have are from a much earlier boxing and better quality by far than the latest ones.

TBH that wouldn't be hard. I've adjusted my expectations accordingly. It's now a short-run kit in my mind which makes it a lot easier to cope with.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

TBH that wouldn't be hard. I've adjusted my expectations accordingly. It's now a short-run kit in my mind which makes it a lot easier to cope with.

That's a good way to approach it. Unfortunate that the moulds have deteriorated to such an extent though :( 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

After a long halt due to a trapped nerve I feel that my dexterity is up to returning to this build. It's gone OK  with my Valentine tank and I've got some heavy stuff to do before the fiddly bits so in for a penny....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Col. said:

Glad to hear you're on the mend sir.

So am I Col :) the best bit is that the sun is out, I can get back to model making and I'm not going to be fit for work for 'months rather than weeks'. As I'm used to the money now it could be worse. I've re-started it and taken photos but can't get the camera and computer to talk. Upon inspecting the lead I found evidence of bite marks, that'll explain why I couldn't find it after my friend visited with her woofer as well.....

• Like 1

• 5 years later...