1/72 - MiG-15 "Fagot" by Zvezda (plastic Dragon Models) - released

Homebee

1 hour ago, madcop said:

...now hoping for new mold  "DEFINITIVE" MiG-21bis or UM à la Su-27/33 ?

Dreaming, DREAMING, DREAMING

You should wake up! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  

They have the MiG-21bis in the catalog and you will find it there (exactly the same kit) in the 10-20 years also!!!

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

I am sure on the home market they will sell as expected. 

How good it is or how bad is another question. From marketing point of view I dont think they care much about the Eduard kit. 

On inside market 

already there is a repack "HobbyBoss" from the "Modelist". Yes, this is a slightly different weight category, but nevertheless some part of the domestic market the "Modelist" ate.

Why spend any time and money on changing the box art? Absolutely no point. 

This kit is made by Zvezda with basically ZERO investment (get the Dragon sprues at a discount in quantity) just make the box with Zvezda logo and get it to the shops . . . 

Gabor, they have already changed the box! Look there another number from the MiG-15, unlike the "Dragon", so they in any case incurred the cost of the box! I'm 146% sure that there are absolutely new decals from "Begemot", here they also incurred costs, and again a new decal, then this is the new instruction! That is, they incurred the cost of printing.

Now explain to me a simple thing.

The best Soviet jet ace is Colonel Eugene Pepelyaev, how do you think from the point of view of marketing that the best Russian jet ace model or Polish / Czech model will be better sold in Russia? 

But where I see the inscription on the box "best Russian jet ace Colonel Eugene Pepelyaev decal including"? No?

So where am I wrong, talking about the unprofessionalis of those marketers who agreed on the layout of the box?

This was true for a very short time. He is back.  :worthy:

But he is a designer of kits, developing the CAD's.  Marketing department is a completely different story with in the company. 

Whom do you mean? Aka "Slav_art" on scalemodels? He really worked on Boeing B737s - Mi-24s - Su-27/33 - MiG-29s etc.?

I thought that he worked only on the "Zvezda" models in the 48th such as the Me-109 e.t.c. Or is it another designer developing the CAD's

who left the "Zvezda"?

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1

Yeah, built this kit last year, it's not that bad actually in terms of fit with the exception of the canopy. It's not a coincidence every time you see this kit built up it has an open canopy. 

Point is, why get it when you can get the vastly superior Eduard kit for less money? Perhaps if you are a patriotic Russian who only builds Russian-produced models it's a good deal. For everyone else, buy Eduard.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

I don't know the Russian market but I'd expect Zvezda to have a way better distribution compared to Eduard there so many will have access to this kit and buy it happily.

I can't say about Russia, but in Poland Zvezda kits are sold in Polish Internet equivalents of Amazon (net shops with books and other stuff) alongside Revell or Airfix, when Eduard kits are avoidable only in model shops. So simply their target is different I guess.

9 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Dreaming, DREAMING, DREAMING

You should wake up! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  

They have the MiG-21bis in the catalog and you will find it there (exactly the same kit) in the 10-20 years also!!!

Best regards

Gabor

That's precisely why I keep on dreaming about a NEW MOLD MiG-21bis à la Su-27SM standard and hope, well that's what  keeps the modeller alive !

Best regards

Madcop  😀

On 8/24/2018 at 1:51 AM, Aardvark said:

"Decals  Czechoslovakia and Poland included" ????

They seriously think that Czech modelers will throw their Eduard into garbage and rush to buy a Zvezda MiG-15 ??

crop_921_518.jpg

Marketers of the Zvezda are senseless and merciless!

B.R.

Serge

And also two USSR markings included too, one of it - with Nort Korea insignia, aircrfat of one of most resultative USSR pilot in that war, Nikolay Sutyagin.

19 hours ago, madcop said:

Hi Gabor

I heard or read somewhere , some times ago that the "good guys" from ZVEZDA , who developed the late "good" Zvezda kits (Boeing B737s - Mi-24s - Su-27/33 - MiG-29s etc... ) had left the company for whatever reason …I  didn't read or heard any sounded proof of that , but this would maybe explain that ?

Madcop.🙄

No, Alexander still work in Zvezda now, as at least also three other CAD disigners, you have wrong information.

BTW - point is next: in this case it is not rebox, what you mean - buy 500-1000-2000 model sprues. print box and instruction in Russian, order new decal. Zvezda buy ex-Dragon moulds, now its completly Zvezda property (as earlier were made with Su-24, Su-24M, T-72, T-72B, T-80, some ships).

Of course this MiG-15 is mostly model for initial level modellers, but as i know Zvezda wery well sell model of this level - like ex-Italeri MiG-3, La-5, this MiG-15 will be same. Sales of such models are undoubtedly not directed to the modellers visiting this forum - Zvezda in Russia sell it model in very large number of shops, including small towns, where name of Eduard never hear before. But if this model don't look to MiG-15 and more look like to F-86?

Sales of this model will allow to earn money including for release of the next model including future new model 1-48.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, kotey said:

No, Alexander still work in Zvezda now, as at least also three other CAD disigners, you have wrong information.

Glad to hear that Kotey ,

Many thanks.

Madcop.

13 hours ago, kotey said:

And also two USSR markings included too, one of it - with Nort Korea insignia, aircrfat of one of most resultative USSR pilot in that war, Nikolay Sutyagin.

Yes, Evgenii Georgievich, when was live say: "Sutyagin had more victories than I had "

(not verbatim, as I read somewhere and remembered from memory)

, аnd according to the records in the flight pilot book of that period , so it is!

However, as is known from modern studies, most of the victories of Evgeni Georgievich Pepelyaev have specific BUZZ-number and numbers of the squadron:

(pages 108, Igor Seidov. "Soviet ace's Korea War" Moscow. Russian Vityazi. 2010)*

and about the victories of Sutyagin Nikolai Vasilyevich some data are not available:

(pages 194-195, Igor Seidov. "Soviet ace's Korea War" Moscow. Russian Vityazi. 2010)*

Perhaps someday confirmation will be found, but until then for me personally, Eugeneii Georgievich Pepeliaev is the best Soviet ace in Korea.

However, we have left the main question! Namely, how about the presence of a variant of painting on the MiG-15 Sutyagin can be found from the front side of the model Zvezda box?

No, one can of course clone Andrei Kotkov and put it near each box with the model as a speech informant, but I'm afraid the original Andrei Kotkov will object!

Although ... its own army of clones ..... in principle, you can think of capturing the universe!

;):)

I do not know, maybe the  "Zvezda" marketers expect that the top sales within Russia will be made by the "numerous"

https://ru.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Национальный_состав_России

Polish

and Czech diasporas living in Russia?

No, in this case, of course, I'm wrong!

B.R.

Serge

*- Sorry that I do not quote photos from the book, but there is such an inscription:

"All right reserved. This book may not be reproducing in part or in whole without prior written permission of the publisher and the authors."

I do not want BM to have problems due to copyright, so I only gave links to the pages, although the book itself lies before my eyes.

Edited by Aardvark

IMHO, Sergey, - you say too much words about nothing. If you disagree - you can found you own model produce company "Circle" or "Polygon" and do all as you wish.

Where did you find something like this words on others Zvezda boxes? On box - colour picture with big MiG-15 on front plan with red stars insignia and USAF aircraft on back plan, what else to need for sell in Russia?

Edited by kotey

This is shame ! Zvezda can good quality kits from their own moulds. I don't understand why this very important fighter jet don' t make as new tool (and later upscaled to 1/48). Dragon is ugly cold war parody... Eduard and H/B and good old KP are better... i think a MiG 15 was for Russian a important piece of national proud and they released a re-box of this ugly kit ? I have a Czechoslovak Fifteen L.E from Ed and two snap kit from HB; but - new kit from Zvezda i bought too- MiG 15 is nice small jet and we  have on it many beautiful camo (not from Korean War only...).  Thumb down Zvezda... (Most ugly kit is both(old and new) Airfix - this isn't MiG; this is a garbage... but Dragon is second.. 

• 3 weeks later...