1/72 - MiG-15 "Fagot" by Zvezda (plastic Dragon Models) - released

Homebee

1 hour ago, Bjorn said:

This must be the old Dragon kit. Why release such a bad kit when there are so many better? Eduard of course, but also Airfix, Hobbyboss and even the old KP is far better.

Eduard - surely, HobbyBoss - yeeeeah, but not Airfix with its fuselage 10mm too long and surely not KP with vertical fin sweep angle 10 degrees too small (almost Ouragan/Mystere like).

Cheers

Michael

5 hours ago, Bjorn said:

Why release such a bad kit when there are so many better?

Because Zvezda has bay a  injection

mold from Dragon, and now it is her property. So write at the Russian forums.
Would sell the

injection molds to the Zvezda, Airfix or HobbyBoss?
Perhaps would sell the injection molds to KP or Eduard? 
I strongly doubt it!
Therefore the Zvezda has bought this

injection mold from the Dragon. Yes to the many
modellers this model in the presence in the market of model from Eduard isn't necessary! But there is also a positive moment! Perhaps
now Begemot will make decal on MiG-15? Who knows, who knows...

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1

Begemot about three years work about MiG-15 decal, it will be "encyclopedic" decals - all. what we know about MiG-15 - all differences from all MiG-15s from producers factory numbers and stencil.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

If this is the Dragon kit, I’m hoping one day Zvezda get hold of the MiG-17F mould, and release that kit as from what I’ve seen is that the MiG-17F day fighter version is the most widely used version, but in 1:72 at least there aren’t too many kits out there. 

As as for the MiG-15, I’ll get one or two. Can’t have too many MiG-15s. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kotey said:

Begemot about three years work about MiG-15 decal, it will be "encyclopedic" decals - all. what we know about MiG-15 - all differences from all MiG-15s from producers factory numbers and stencil.

again very good news !

3 hours ago, kotey said:

Good news on a 1:72 MiG-15 sheet. Have plenty of kits to put them on.

21 minutes ago, Ryan Hothersall said:

If this is the Dragon kit, I’m hoping one day Zvezda get hold of the MiG-17F mould, and release that kit as from what I’ve seen is that the MiG-17F day fighter version is the most widely used version, but in 1:72 at least there aren’t too many kits out there.

We need new tool MiG-17!

As well as MiG-19!

It is desirable not from Chinese.

Eduard or Zvezda, maybe ICM  but only not Trumpeter or HobbyBoss!

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aardvark said:

We need new tool MiG-17!

As well as MiG-19!

It is desirable not from Chinese.

Eduard or Zvezda, maybe ICM  but only not Trumpeter or HobbyBoss!

B.R.

Serge

++++++++++++++++

But no Czech producers seem to be interested.... what a shame !

So , open door for Chinese stuff.

Madcop.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, madcop said:

++++++++++++++++

But no Czech producers seem to be interested.... what a shame !

So , open door for Chinese stuff.

Madcop.

I agree and disagree.

It is a pity that no Czech producers seem interested in a MiG-19 in 1/72, there's no shortage of the type in museums around the country. Additionally, a good number of the day fighter variant were built under license here. There's all kinds of reasons for them to try it and yet they won't.

I'd rather not see a Chinese producer do one as no variant of the J-6 was ever a direct copy of a MiG-19 and it would open a whole can of worms if they use a J-6 as a basis for a "MiG-19" kit.

I'd personally rather see a Polish or Ukrainian company take a shot at 1/72 MiG-17s and 19s if the Czechs aren't inclined to. They'd be working with sources much closer to the true Soviet standard of the machines and we'd probably see truer representations of the subjects from them.

What I've seen come out of Mikro Mir recently, really makes me want to see them try it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, upnorth said:

I agree and disagree.

It is a pity that no Czech producers seem interested in a MiG-19 in 1/72, there's no shortage of the type in museums around the country. Additionally, a good number of the day fighter variant were built under license here. There's all kinds of reasons for them to try it and yet they won't.

I'd rather not see a Chinese producer do one as no variant of the J-6 was ever a direct copy of a MiG-19 and it would open a whole can of worms if they use a J-6 as a basis for a "MiG-19" kit.

I'd personally rather see a Polish or Ukrainian company take a shot at 1/72 MiG-17s and 19s if the Czechs aren't inclined to. They'd be working with sources much closer to the true Soviet standard of the machines and we'd probably see truer representations of the subjects from them.

What I've seen come out of Mikro Mir recently, really makes me want to see them try it.

O.K. I forgot these Ukrainians, you're right. Modelsvit could do as well !

So let's the Chinese do a J-6 ( So I can model a Pakistanese one , with the new seat) ! They are the most colourfull.

It's really weird that Eduard does not feel encline to... or RV or RS or AZ/KPM or Valom or Sword or ..........

Madcop

10 minutes ago, Fulcrum@ said:

Gran made also a Mig-15, you forgot it ?;)

I tried my best to forget it. :-D

Were it not for the Begemot decal sheet in that kit, there would be truly nothing to recommend it.

• Haha 2

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2018 at 9:22 PM, Homebee said:

"Decals  Czechoslovakia and Poland included" ????

They seriously think that Czech modelers will throw their Eduard into garbage and rush to buy a Zvezda MiG-15 ??

crop_921_518.jpg

Marketers of the Zvezda are senseless and merciless!

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 2

I am sure on the home market they will sell as expected. 

How good it is or how bad is another question. From marketing point of view I dont think they care much about the Eduard kit. 

Why spend any time and money on changing the box art? Absolutely no point. 

This kit is made by Zvezda with basically ZERO investment (get the Dragon sprues at a discount in quantity) just make the box with Zvezda logo and get it to the shops . . . 

From Company Image side it is not so good. After releasing kits in recent years which were of high standard, up to quality / design / production to Western kits this is "something else". :( Unfortunately it will trick a lot of people into buying the kit who had recent Zvezda kits. This is not nice company policy! :nono: 

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

How good it is or how bad is another question. From marketing point of view I dont think they care much about the Eduard kit. 

This kit is made by Zvezda with basically ZERO investment (get the Dragon sprues at a discount in quantity) just make the box with Zvezda logo and get it to the shops . . . 

From Company Image side it is not so good. After releasing kits in recent years which were of high standard, up to quality / design / production to Western kits this is "something else". :( Unfortunately it will trick a lot of people into buying the kit who had recent Zvezda kits. This is not nice company policy! :nono: 

Best regards

Gabor

Hi Gabor

I heard or read somewhere , some times ago that the "good guys" from ZVEZDA , who developed the late "good" Zvezda kits (Boeing B737s - Mi-24s - Su-27/33 - MiG-29s etc... ) had left the company for whatever reason …I  didn't read or heard any sounded proof of that , but this would maybe explain that ?

Madcop.🙄

6 minutes ago, madcop said:

who developed the late "good" Zvezda kits (Boeing B737s - Mi-24s - Su-27/33 - MiG-29s etc... ) had left the company

This was true for a very short time. He is back.  :worthy:

But he is a designer of kits, developing the CAD's.  Marketing department is a completely different story with in the company. 

Best regards

Gabor

Hi Gabor ...

Always quick on the trigger ….

I thought that in Russia it could have been be a one guy affair ! (Tongue in cheek !)

Happy to hear that he is back ...now hoping again for a new mold  "DEFINITIVE" MiG-21bis or UM à la Su-27/33 ?

Best regards from Belgium

Madcop

Edited by madcop
pushed on the wrong key !

1 hour ago, ya-gabor said:

Best regards

Gabor

Have to agree, unfortunately... if memory doesn't fail me the Dragon MiG-15 was a nice kit in terms of moulding quality and fit, with accuracy being the "only" problem (a big problem...). I don't know the Russian market but I'd expect Zvezda to have a way better distribution compared to Eduard there so many will have access to this kit and buy it happily. Since Zvezda will have only paid for a number of bagged sprue sets and invested very little in getting new boxes and instructions printed, they will make aeasy money here. I can only hope that this money will be reinvested in some new proper Zvezda own kits.

Of course in other parts of Europe the matter will be totally different but I can't see how this will worry Zvezda much

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Giorgio N said:

but I can't see how this will worry Zvezda much

They dont give a  . . . 

As you said it is easy money and after money in the bank from it who cares. 

In some way Eduard is doing exctly the same with all the re-boxes. With the smell of easy money they have more and more of these kits in the past few years.

Best regards

Gabor