Novo Hawker Hunter Old School Build

JOCKNEY

I'd suggest you cheat a little & use some MS Liquid decal film or even Klear on the decals Pat. I'll be looking forward to seeing how this goes, I've got a Frog one in stock.( I think I missed that off the list the other day, & the 2 Frogspawn Vampires :) )

Steve.

• Like 1

Welcome to the GB Pat. A weekend build huh? Cool! If you do need some decals I've a few spare sheets that may be of use to you ;) 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I'd suggest you cheat a little & use some MS Liquid decal film or even Klear on the decals Pat. I'll be looking forward to seeing how this goes, I've got a Frog one in stock.( I think I missed that off the list the other day, & the 2 Frogspawn Vampires :) )

Steve.

Thanks Steve

I have order the MS liquid decal film, never used it before, so fingers crossed it works.

cheers Pat

• Like 1

22 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Nice one Pat,I,m going old school too with a Frog kit.

Thanks Steve

Great choice, I can't remember the last time I saw a black box Frog kit being built !

cheers Pat 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Col. said:

Welcome to the GB Pat. A weekend build huh? Cool! If you do need some decals I've a few spare sheets that may be of use to you ;) 

Thanks for the offer Col

With any luck the MS miracle fluid will work its magic, if not you will be the first to know !

cheers Pat

• Like 1

Good evening all.

Apologies the Hunter build is stalled before it started, all due to family problems I'm afraid.

Wifes mum has been rushed into hospital, wife now at bedside 24/7. At the same time as friends over from Ireland staying with us, oh and the central heating boiler has packed in with 3 inches of snow on the ground ! 

Still the weeks still young so lots of opportunity for further disasters to happen  

cheers Pat

• Sad 6

On 12/02/2018 at 8:52 PM, stevej60 said:

Sorry to hear your misfortune's Pat, Family comes first everytime!

23 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Family first ... my prayers as well.

7 hours ago, CliffB said:

I hope things turn out OK Pat

Thank you everyone for your really kind thoughts and words.  I looks like she has had a huge stroke, and the prognosis isn't too good. Although it's very early I am getting the distinct impression that IF she survives her quality of life will be very different.

Its at times like this you feel completely useless, words completely inadequate.

I will keep following your builds if I may, it's a very welcome escape from a dark pace at the moment.

The very kindest regards Pat

• Like 3

Hi everyone 

To help take my mind off domestic matters I have posted the rest of the photos I should have done in the first place !

IMG_3776

IMG_3777

IMG_3778

IMG_3780

Yes half a pilot in each half of fuselage !

By the way I haven't cheated the wings do come as one lump of plastic, I even checked the instructions myself.

Quick question for the knowledgeable amongst you, what Humbrol colours should I use for this, it being an old school hairy brush build ?

cheers Pat

• Like 5

Wow Pat that's a suprise,this certainly isn't the same kit as I have,I would assume this is Frog's early molding from the early sixties,still

should be an interesting experience!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stevej60 said:

Wow Pat that's a suprise,this certainly isn't the same kit as I have,I would assume this is Frog's early molding from the early sixties,still

should be an interesting experience!

Thanks Steve

Any idea with the colours ?

1 minute ago, JOCKNEY said:

Thanks Steve

Any idea with the colours ?

I'm an acrylic painter Pat and Tamiya cover the main RAF colours by name  to make life easier,pop on the humbrol website and you can download the

colour chart and sea what look's right if no one comes up with the numbers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

I'm an acrylic painter Pat and Tamiya cover the main RAF colours by name  to make life easier,pop on the humbrol website and you can download the

colour chart and sea what look's right if no one comes up with the numbers.

Doh ! Top man well done, thanks

Single piece solid wings and not a sink mark in sight :o

As for colours; I'd suggest Hu56 for the silver lower surfaces then 163 and 164 for the upper surfaces.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Humbrol 163 dark green & 164 Dark Sea Grey with Hu11 Aluminium on the undersides should do it pretty well. Hope things work themselves out on the family front before too long. Take care.

Steve.

22 minutes ago, Col. said:

Single piece solid wings and not a sink mark in sight :o

As for colours; I'd suggest Hu56 for the silver lower surfaces then 163 and 164 for the upper surfaces.

Brilliant, thank you Gents

Please don't think bad of me but, as I am at home with the kids and powerless to change events, I have made a start on the Hunter.

Currently trying to change the one wing pointing up and the other pointing down problem at the moment !

cheers Pat

• Like 4

6 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Currently trying to change the one wing pointing up and the other pointing down problem at the moment !

That's just being pernickety - I didn't have you down as a rivet counter Pat :winkgrin:

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Brilliant, thank you Gents

Please don't think bad of me but, as I am at home with the kids and powerless to change events, I have made a start on the Hunter.

cheers Pat

No problem Pat. I prefer the slightly darker look of Hu56 over Hu11 as it better represents the appearance of High Speed Silver when fairly new to my eye. It also works well for the recesses of the undercarriage bays so one coat of paint and less masking required for them ;) 

Why would we think bad of you my friend? You are going through a difficult time as is all your family. If working on a model helps you to relax a little and un-stress that's a good thing for you and everone around you; you will cope with life better and the kids in particular need someone they can rely on right now. A calm person is a better person at times like these. I've been down the road you are travelling and there are far worse ways to try for a moment of respite and escape.

• Like 1

Morning all

This is the result of last nights application of the micro scale liquid decal film, I've never used it before, but to the untrained eye they now look like they've had it, thoughts ?

IMG_3784

• Like 1
  • Sad 5