Hasegawa 737-400 Skynet / Solaseed 1/200 Combo

Grandboof

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All 

Finally got some paint on Both were primed white . Second coat of white gloss is on but will need a fine sand and another coat. Aircraft grey on the wings is done . I decided to paint before assembly as the dry fit looked pretty good with no or minimal filling . Decaling will also be done at this stage.

Thanks for looking 

Martin H

xv1tlFF.jpg

• Like 4

Fast....u will be in the gallery in no time....

is is it a one piece fuselage ? ....I have one on order and should arrive early March.....thinking if I can include it into the fun.....

rgds

4 minutes ago, Mr B said:

Fast....u will be in the gallery in no time....

is is it a one piece fuselage ? ....I have one on order and should arrive early March.....thinking if I can include it into the fun.....

rgds

Hello Mr B 

The fuselage is two piece top and bottom , went together like a dream no filler just a bit of sanding . Nose weight is included and just drops into place . Plenty of time to add yours . 

Looking forward to it . Which boxing did you order ?

Martin H

Cheers mate

i got the JTA boxing....jap air tours....well that was with the cheapest postage and price on eBay....hehehe

ya plenty of time.....

rgds and happy building...looks like a nice kit

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Finally got some time on these two after a delay due to the decal placement instructions disappearing for a couple of days (Modelling Gremlins again) The first decaling session yielded this. Hope to for more done tomorrow 

Martin H

FiO5g6V.jpg

• Like 7

That's an unusual breakdown of the fuselage parts for an airliner kit Martin.  I'll bet it makes the job of cleaning up the joint a bit more of a pain

Colourful choice of livery too.

Chris.

17 hours ago, stringbag said:

That's an unusual breakdown of the fuselage parts for an airliner kit Martin.  I'll bet it makes the job of cleaning up the joint a bit more of a pain

Colourful choice of livery too.

Chris.

Hi Chris 

The fit of the upper and lower fuselage parts was good so clean up was minimal . The liveries are OOB. Thanks for looking 

Martin H

On 3/5/2018 at 9:09 AM, Mr B said:

They look very nice indeed....good progress

rgds

Thanks Brian Hope to have more done soon 

Martin 

Good to hear Martin.....my 1/200 kit has arrived and it is at my dad's place......just finding time to go collect it and decide if it will be built for this g/b or not.

Rgds

On 3/7/2018 at 10:44 AM, Mr B said:

Good to hear Martin.....my 1/200 kit has arrived and it is at my dad's place......just finding time to go collect it and decide if it will be built for this g/b or not.

Rgds

Go on build it you know you want to

19 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

They are looking snappy Martin, got any more decalling done?

Sorry no but hope to have decaling finished this weekend

Thanks for looking 

Martin H

I had some time for some more decaling .The major decals on the Solaseed aircraft are done . Skynet will take longer as there are a couple of layers to be done . Plan is to complete the first layer then seal with a coat of clear before moving on.

Thanks for looking

Martin H

OfNuz7c.jpg

• Like 4

Hi All 

Just a little progress .

Solaseed has tail feathers fitted . In hindsight this would have been easier before the upper and lower fuselage halves were joined . Clear coat has been applied . Both sets of wings masked off ready for more paint . Decaling continues on Skynet slowly. Thanks for looking 

Martin H

065VjBe.jpg

• Like 5