1/144 - Buran spacecraft by Ark Models - released - Soyouz set from Armata Factory

Homebee

1-144, there will be at least two versions of model- "light" - only styrene sprues, with closed cargo bay hatches, and "improved" - with resin and photoechted parts for detailed  cargo compartment in open position with manipulator and satellite.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Caerbannog said:

ouch... But I suppose Paul meant the Buran price.

Would be nice if we could get a new tool US shuttle kit as well.

Considering how much styrene you get that's pretty decent money. I hope the Buran sells well for them an, like Mike I'd love to see the full stack kitted.

I was after the Buran price but that's a bit heavy for the 225 considering the 124's price.

Paul Harrison

20 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Considering how much styrene you get that's pretty decent money. I hope the Buran sells well for them an, like Mike I'd love to see the full stack kitted.

True- but still steep for Revell. Sure the general kit price increase refelects the more complicated molds nowadays but even more the smaller target group. Less people seem to buy kits than 30 years ago, so tooling cost became a major factor I suppose.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks a bit simple compared to other new-tool kits - reminds me of the Airfix Shuttle. But this does not mean it is a bad kit or something. Maybe it will also show in a lower retail price. Will surely look out for one or two. If les are good Ark might be persuaded to release a second boxing with ET and boosters. :-)

On 7/15/2018 at 11:16 AM, Phil Gollin said:

I thought the space version of Buran was going to have either tiles or panels for thermal protection  -  the underside moulding seems to be perfectly smooth.

Decals.  I can't think of any other method to convincingly imitate thermal tiles in this scale  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pin said:

Decals.  I can't think of any other method to convincingly imitate thermal tiles in this scale  

4 hours ago, kotey said:

Yes, it will be decal.

You've no idea how happy I am to hear that. If Begemot are making them I know they'll be good :)

• Like 1

Release date is now December 1st, 2018

https://modelsua.com/buran-soviet-space-shuttle-1-144-ark-model-14402.html

Source: https://www.facebook.com/arkmodel/posts/938513249692498

November 15, 1988! Happy 30th birthday to the legendary flight!
Start of sales model (supposedly) 1 December 2018.

46417770.jpg

46235700.jpg 46434198.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1