I think it's an Mi-1 in Picaros. I've been hunting for a kit so I can make it! I also have a 1/48 Bonanza that may become Syldavian...

Beautiful work! I would love to do that Mossie one day. It's brightened my afternoon and I for one LOVE your Skut!

1 hour ago, k5054nz said:

I think it's an Mi-1 in Picaros. I've been hunting for a kit so I can make it! I also have a 1/48 Bonanza that may become Syldavian...

Beautiful work! I would love to do that Mossie one day. It's brightened my afternoon and I for one LOVE your Skut!

Could be.  Soviet helicopters aren't my strong suit.  I suppose the ultimate Tintin model would be the Carriedas 160.  I wonder if it's ever been kitted.

2 hours ago, k5054nz said:

Doh! :huh: Not only did I get the Album wrong, I also mislead everyone on the Helicopter! Yes, it's a Mi -1 Hare, not an Mi - 2 Hoplite. My kit is a 1/72 Gran kit as it was reasonably cheap and available. I think Special Hobby also made one but I needed one quickly for our club build. I had a look and Special Hobby also did an Mi 1 in 1/48th but not sure about it's availability.

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1

Beautiful Mosquito. I have the same Hasegawa kit under construction, destined for the same livery. As for the Bordurian Bf-109 from Ottokar's Sceptre mentioned earlier, that is a true mongrel. It features the broad, early style chin intake seen last on the D-series, it lacks the struts on the horizontal stabilizers that all E-series aircraft had, it has the rounded wingtips of an F or G but an earlier aileron arrangement, etcetera. 

Lovely Mosquito. I'm a sucker for Tintin stuff, Herge obviously did a ton of research.

On 2/2/2018 at 12:21 PM, 06/24 said:

I can see the photos now - and it’s superb! I’ve half wondered about doing an Arado in yellow, maybe I will one day.

I did that one! It's the 1/32nd Revell version.

xjHjngB.jpg

• Like 2