Khemedi AF Mosquito 1/72

I think it's an Mi-1 in Picaros. I've been hunting for a kit so I can make it! I also have a 1/48 Bonanza that may become Syldavian...

Beautiful work! I would love to do that Mossie one day. It's brightened my afternoon and I for one LOVE your Skut!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, k5054nz said:

I think it's an Mi-1 in Picaros. I've been hunting for a kit so I can make it! I also have a 1/48 Bonanza that may become Syldavian...

Beautiful work! I would love to do that Mossie one day. It's brightened my afternoon and I for one LOVE your Skut!

Could be.  Soviet helicopters aren't my strong suit.  I suppose the ultimate Tintin model would be the Carriedas 160.  I wonder if it's ever been kitted.

2 hours ago, k5054nz said:

Doh! :huh: Not only did I get the Album wrong, I also mislead everyone on the Helicopter! Yes, it's a Mi -1 Hare, not an Mi - 2 Hoplite. My kit is a 1/72 Gran kit as it was reasonably cheap and available. I think Special Hobby also made one but I needed one quickly for our club build. I had a look and Special Hobby also did an Mi 1 in 1/48th but not sure about it's availability.

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1

Beautiful Mosquito. I have the same Hasegawa kit under construction, destined for the same livery. As for the Bordurian Bf-109 from Ottokar's Sceptre mentioned earlier, that is a true mongrel. It features the broad, early style chin intake seen last on the D-series, it lacks the struts on the horizontal stabilizers that all E-series aircraft had, it has the rounded wingtips of an F or G but an earlier aileron arrangement, etcetera. 

Lovely Mosquito. I'm a sucker for Tintin stuff, Herge obviously did a ton of research.

On 2/2/2018 at 12:21 PM, 06/24 said:

I can see the photos now - and it’s superb! I’ve half wondered about doing an Arado in yellow, maybe I will one day.

I did that one! It's the 1/32nd Revell version.

xjHjngB.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2/3/2018 at 1:21 AM, Strangeways said:

From the Tintin book 'The Red Sea Sharks'. It's the Hasegawa 1/72 Mossie kit with (heavily modified) Blue Rider decals.

I don't suppose you recall the colours you used for this lovely bird, do you?

I am not familiar with the TIn Tin books, but it looks like a lot of you are on here.  What I do appreciate is a well built and finished Mosquito.  And from the pictures provided of what it looks like in the comics, you made the necessary changes needed to get the kit looking like the comic.  Thanks for sharing and sparking some interest in this subject.