Khemedi AF Mosquito 1/72

2 hours ago, Crossiant Oliver said:

What Mk. would the 109 be?

It's not absolutely clear from the artwork but it most resembles a 109F or early G to my eye.  It's in King Ottokar's Sceptre.

Edited by Meatbox8
  • Like 1

Hi Mike,

My sons and I love Tintin and part of the charm is all the interesting aircraft in the series. The Mosquito is lovely including the 'Whirlwind' style nose guns.

I had to do a speed build last year for our club display and I'm sure you'll recognise the subject. :D

Model_Expo_2017_108.jpg

Edited by Michael louey
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Strangeways said:

Michael, that's a lovely Spit – which kit did you use? That, and the Bordurian Bf 109, are on my to-do list.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the compliment. Our club bought/received a whole bunch of Airfix Club Spitfire Mk I's (latest issue). These are basic kits with only 1 version. The Spitfire in "Land of Black Gold" is a bit of a composite beast. It has features of a Mk 1 and later marks. I used a spare set of Eduard 6 stack exhausts and the "flat" early canopy I had leftover from building the Mk I/IIa kit. The Blue Rider decals are very well printed but are a bit thick and I had trouble getting them to conform to the panel lines.

I also built a "Calculus Affair" Mil Mi 2 but I don't think I've got any photos of it handy.

One of our club members George Oh has also built this Tintin Mosquito last year as well as the Arado 196 from "The Shooting Start". I think he sometimes has them on "Modelling Madness".

It really is a great Mosquito. They're will be a lot of Tintin fans who would love to get there hands on it.

Cheers

Michael

• Like 2

I love the Mosquito & the Spitfire, I'm another big fan of Tintin aircraft. A pity the Blue Rider Mosquito decals are too big, I wonder if anyone could be persuaded to offer a correction sheet, ;) I'd buy like a shot. :)

Steve.

15 hours ago, Michael louey said:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the compliment. Our club bought/received a whole bunch of Airfix Club Spitfire Mk I's (latest issue). These are basic kits with only 1 version. The Spitfire in "Land of Black Gold" is a bit of a composite beast. It has features of a Mk 1 and later marks. I used a spare set of Eduard 6 stack exhausts and the "flat" early canopy I had leftover from building the Mk I/IIa kit. The Blue Rider decals are very well printed but are a bit thick and I had trouble getting them to conform to the panel lines.

I also built a "Calculus Affair" Mil Mi 2 but I don't think I've got any photos of it handy.

One of our club members George Oh has also built this Tintin Mosquito last year as well as the Arado 196 from "The Shooting Start". I think he sometimes has them on "Modelling Madness".

It really is a great Mosquito. They're will be a lot of Tintin fans who would love to get there hands on it.

Cheers

Michael

Great looking Khemedi Spit.  Wasn't the Mil Mi-2 from Tintin and the Picaros though?  It nearly spotted Haddock in the jungle when he'd been knocked senseless on the head with a bottle of Whisky if memory serves me right.   I don't remember one in the Caluculus Affair but there was a Bell 47 that Tintin and Haddock used to chase those pesky Bordurians with.  Another good build would be the Percival Prentices that the counterfeiters use in The Black Island.

• Like 1