Fairey Gannet...I had no idea..

HP42

I knew of this aircraft but hadn't realised it was back on the US circuit. Fabulous!

In the same way the Vulcan was shot with 4K before it retired, I just wish there was better footage of this almost extinct aircraft. I wonder if it will ever make it 'home' to the UK, and if so could it even fly here?

Edited by HP42
Kant spel
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I think this was featured in the Monster Moves series on Channel 5 a few years back,  series 5, episode 4. 'Mammoth Machines'.

http://www.windfallfilms.com/show/1757/monster-moves-episode-4-mammoth-machines.aspx

Heres a funny thing, one of the chaps who flew over to North America to help them move it, on that TV programme, is somebody I work with and see every day (his name is Jim, and is in the TV programme. He's ex RAF).

B)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to know the current status of this aircraft.

The last I heard, there was some plan of bringing it to Europe for a series of show performances in 2017. However, that came to nothing.

There hasn't been much action on the aircraft's dedicated Facebook page since last year and the website for the aircraft seems to be no more.