1/48 Italeri Jaguar GR-1

Calum

Years ago, Italeri had announced a new Jaguar in 1/48 scale. This project seemed to have been put in the freezer once Kittyhawk announcement theirs... 

Are we going to see a new tool now from Italeri, or a reissue of one of the 3 existing ones?  I really hope the former, but I’m not holding my breath tbh...

g

1 hour ago, guillaume320 said:

Years ago, Italeri had announced a new Jaguar in 1/48 scale. This project seemed to have been put in the freezer once Kittyhawk announcement theirs... 

Are we going to see a new tool now from Italeri, or a reissue of one of the 3 existing ones?  I really hope the former, but I’m not holding my breath tbh...

g

That's my hope as well

It’ll be a reissue of an existing mould, only because if you go to the 1:32 aircraft and look at the Tornado GR.4 there’s a badge in the corner saying 100% new tooling.

Trevor

Their certainly using the same image as they did when they announced it before, and it was announced as a new tool back then.

Had a search back through Rumourmonger and the Italeri Jag was first mentioned in 2012/13 and then mentioned in 2014 that it had been cancelled.

Back in 2012 (was it?), the Jaguar announcement by Italeri was definitely labeled ‘100% new molds’, just google it... No such mention this time unfortunately. And the picture is also different now. It actually looks more like a Jaguar A on the picture now? 

If the Jaguar is the Esci tool, then it's not worth considering. It was never a great kit

The Viggen on the other hand may be interesting if the price is right. The Tarangus kit is much better but if Italeri comes out with something at half the price then several modellers may be attracted. Judging by the more recent Italeri pricing policy I have my doubts this will happen... Of course the kit does not accurately represent the fighter variant, I hope they include decals for an AJ in the box.

• Like 1

My hopes are that the Reggiane Re.2000 is a new mold, not ex-classic airframes while as for the Starfighter hopefully its the Hasegawa kit and not the ESCI.Shown is the RF-104G variant totting the Orpheus pod,but I doubt whether it will be included in box.

4 minutes ago, Bjorn said:

The Viggen is probably the old Esci. Good for its time, about 1980, but today mostly nostalgia. For those that want to build a proper Viggen Tarangus/Special Hobby is the only real choice. 

Either way it seems the modeller will need to put in effort and aftermarket parts to create a truly good replica :( 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kampartiger said:

My hopes are that the Reggiane Re.2000 is a new mold, not ex-classic airframes while as for the Starfighter hopefully its the Hasegawa kit and not the ESCI.Shown is the RF-104G variant totting the Orpheus pod,but I doubt whether it will be included in box.

The Starfighter should be the Hasegawa one, already currently reboxed by Italeri with different markings.

The Re.2000 should be a new tool, derived from their earlier Re.2002

• Like 1

The Hasegawa F-104 rebox looks great, hoping they make the decals a bit more accurate than their 1/32 kit however. It will be nice to have accurate Italian markings and stencils in a kit box without going AM, especially with the decal quality Italeri has these days :yes:. Not sure I see much sense in an Esci Viggen rebox though!

• Like 1