1/72 Canberra B.2 10 Sqn RAF

37 minutes ago, Julien said:

Thanks to @Mike for the xtracrylix Light Slate Grey paint which I did not have. 

If I'd known you were just going to spray it all over newspaper I'd never have sent it! :tease:

It's a weird scheme, isn't it? :hmmm:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mike said:

It's a weird scheme, isn't it? :hmmm:

Yes, a scheme I had never seen before which is why I wanted to do it.

Julien

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Julien said:

Yes, a scheme I had never seen before which is why I wanted to do it.

Julien

Great to see a Canberra in this scheme - a bit different. I really like it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoying seeing this one come together. I rather like the scheme you've chosen too.

I am up to my third one of these and are enjoying the kit and the build.

Looking forward to seeing yours cross the finish line.

AGW..

• Like 1

More decals. The kit stencils are from the wrong time period and the xtradecal sheet has no stencils :frantic: Luckily they can be found on an old model decal sheet.

10sqn16.JPG

10sqn17.JPG

• Like 7

The other side now the masking is off.  Only annoying bit is a bit of dust under the canopy and I missed the line around the canopy a little bit at the front.  Just have to do the markings for the crew entry door, and the wing walkway markings and it ready for its landing gear.

10sqn18.JPG

• Like 9

Looking great Julian and this early bomber scheme looks particularly good on your Canberra. I’m not quite up to this stage on my kit, however do fear from this dust under canopy phenomena that is a real possibility due to the sanding required. I’m thinking of leaving the clear nose piece off until the very end to ‘hopefully’ provide some avenue for this dust to escape. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Julien said:

Wing stencils now. No one does the right spaced dashes for this scheme so putting them on one at a time.

only 30 on each side :drunk:

thanks (I think) to @canberra kid for another great factory drawing.

No problems Julien , and sorry! believe me I know what you're going through, but it will all be worth it in the end, :)

John 

• Like 1

Lovely Canberra in an eye-catching scheme. I was hoping to convert my old Airfix Canberra B (I).6 into a B.2 with the Suez stripes. Does anyone know of a convenient guide to the differences between the two versions? Thanks! (By the way, the old Airfix kit seems remarkably good for its age).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, chrish said:

Lovely Canberra in an eye-catching scheme. I was hoping to convert my old Airfix Canberra B (I).6 into a B.2 with the Suez stripes. Does anyone know of a convenient guide to the differences between the two versions? Thanks! (By the way, the old Airfix kit seems remarkably good for its age).

@chrish That all depends on how far you want to go, out of the box the old Airfix B(I)6 is more like a B.2 anyway, the wheels will be wrong for a B.2 but again that only matters if you are that bothered? I can go into it in more detail if you want?

John 

Thanks John.  I think I can live with inaccurate wheels. I read somewhere that the starter bullets are smaller on the B2 intakes and that they can be easily corrected.  Chris

12 minutes ago, chrish said:

Thanks John.  I think I can live with inaccurate wheels. I read somewhere that the starter bullets are smaller on the B2 intakes and that they can be easily corrected.  Chris

@chrish,

You can always buy a set of High Planes Avon Starter & Fans that are specifically designed for the S & M kit, however can be used for other models.

Actually John @canberra kid, a difinitive explanation between the early Canberra B.2's and B.6 versions would be something that would be highly benificial to many worldwide Canberra lovers. I'd be happy with a complete 'warts and all' outlook, however understand that this takes time and may take you away from building more great Canberra's.

Anyway - just a thought...

Cheers.. Dave..   

• Like 1

I thank you know John and no doubt will thank you again later! Like I said, only if you have the time, however it will go a long way to highlighting the subtle differences and probably dispelling a few myths as well. 

Cheers.. Dave (another Canberra fan). 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, canberra kid said:

No problem Dave, @Rabbit Leader  if I don't try to get on with it it may well slip my mind! The question is, do I post it here? or start it as a thing in it's own right?

John

New thread I should think. That way we can all search for it under a proper title and not hijack Julian’s thread at the same time. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1