1/72 Canberra B.2 10 Sqn RAF

More progress, wings are together and these fit really well, unlike some other bits.

10sqn03.JPG

Cockpit is together, rear seats in though you wont see much of them. Will have to use another seat for the front as the only 2 main seat pans in the kit and one of them was loose. Stuck 10 grames of weight over the front wheel well. Seams will need sorting on those tanks.

10sqn04.JPG

In case you are wondering if some of the parts look a little rough its because they are, there is a great deal of flash on some parts and its like carving them out.

10sqn05.JPG

• Like 4

Cockpit still needs the details picked out, and the front seat needs full painting, wings now complete with engine fronts and exhausts. Fit on these was not the best but nothing a bit of sanding did not fix. I suspect the wheel wells I fitted slightly to far out board, though they fitted into the slots on the wing, and TBH the instructions were not a lot of help.

10sqn06.JPG

• Like 3

2 hours ago, canberra kid said:

Looking good Julien, from what I gather you could be in for some fun and games when you get to putting the fuselage together. 

John 

Test fit so far seems OK.

• Like 1

Cockpit is glued in one side and the fuselage fits fine. However when test fitting the cabin top/canopy part the forward instrument panel is about 1.5mm too high. 

Will need some shaving down for the big top part to fit.

JUlien

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get the cockpit in and the fuselage closed up. Putty time now as quelle surprise it does not fit. The panel lines on the left and right dont line up either so they will have to be re done. A good 1.5mm taken of the top of the instrument panel as well to get the clear insert to fit. Substantial weight added behind the cockpit as well.

10sqn07.JPG

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

More progress in that the seats are in and the canopy closed up. Some major sanding of the clear insert needed to get ti to fit but it does. Wings are on, but a step backwards in the I assembled the tail planes incorrectly so had to prise them apart and redo :doh: 

I've put 16 grams of weight in and am now doubting if that will be enough?

10sqn08.JPG

• Like 6

18 hours ago, canberra kid said:

I think you may have a CofG issue Julien, but all is not lost, if needs be a tail stand is very much ok on a Canberra in life and art. She's coming together well now, keep up the good work!

John

Yes, seems 16g was not enough ! Its either a tail stand or loose the tailplanes :lol:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

That looks really cool as it is Julien. 

I've been after a B2 in the bigger scale to finish in the same scheme one fine day so I'm watching to see how yours looks on completion.

All the best Matey

Chris.

• Like 1

Topside camo now masked. Will wait for this to harden and then clear coat and decals. I will leave this one fairly clean as they seemed to be kept that way back then. Thanks to @canberra kid for the factory camo drawings which proved a lot better then the decal sheet ones. Thanks to @Mike for the xtracrylix Light Slate Grey paint which I did not have. 

10sqn14.JPG

• Like 9