A brace of BA "Bluebirds" - FINISHED

FortyEighter

Hi Mike,

These are really cute! My favourite is the Delft Blue Daybreak.

Did you have any problems wrapping the decals round the rear fuselage? They look good so I'm guessing not.

I'm glad you replaced the cockpit area with the Daco piece it makes all the difference.

Nice to see another user of Mr Color 218, I love it for any nmf areas.

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

Well done Mike.  I like both of them but I always thought Delftblue Daybreak was one of the more attractive World Images, not quite as "in your face" as some of the others.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2018 at 9:31 PM, Turbofan said:

Hi Mike,

These are really cute! My favourite is the Delft Blue Daybreak.

Did you have any problems wrapping the decals round the rear fuselage? They look good so I'm guessing not.

I'm glad you replaced the cockpit area with the Daco piece it makes all the difference.

Nice to see another user of Mr Color 218, I love it for any nmf areas.

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Ian

I thought that I'd replied 're the decals but can't have hit send🤔

Fitting the tail decals wasn't too hard but needs care and use of a scalpel where they meet over the top of the APU  to remove any overlap.  Strangely, the Poole version has a small triangular cut-out to aid fitting to the fuselage contour but the Delft one doesn't due to the pattern.  Guess which one went on the easiest - yes bizarrely the Delftblue!

I don't remember the BA world tails but must have seen them.  I was drawn to the Delft after seeing a large (1/72?) scale model of G-RAES at Denver airport. 

Mike

On 5/5/2018 at 9:54 PM, Skodadriver said:

Well done Mike.  I like both of them but I always thought Delftblue Daybreak was one of the more attractive World Images, not quite as "in your face" as some of the others.

Thanks Dave - Delft Blue was my first choice of scheme

On 5/5/2018 at 11:04 PM, stringbag said:

Really nice results there Mike

Those 3-D windows make the world of difference to airliner models.

Chris

I agree Chris, the window decals are so much better than the basic dark grey ones

On 5/5/2018 at 11:19 PM, zebra said:

Very nice indeed. I think Blue Poole is my favourite but.

will have to give the Mr Color metallics a go.

Cheers Zebra, having chosen the Delft it was then a case of finding another blue scheme amongst Day's decals

On 5/6/2018 at 10:01 AM, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Nice to see both finished. Both complement each other nicely along with your -400. :thumbsup:

It's a shame my Chelsea Rose decals didn't arrive in time to do a third "Bluebird" z guess I'll be visiting the Daco stand at Telford to buy another 400 kit😀