1/48 - FMA IA 58 Pucara by Kinetic - CAD drawing

madcat911

New boxing - ref. K48142 - FMA IA-58 Pucará - in RAF service

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php/?id=100070958212841&story_fbid=344605457914725

"The Scale Model World 2023 is coming and we are anxious to meet UK and Worldwide Modellers in Telford.

For sure Kineticmodel prepare something special for this event. So we are proud to announce:

48142 - IA-58 Pucara in RAF Service.

The boxart by Antonis Karidis presents the IA-58 Pucara from A&AEE Boscombe Down in a training against a RAF F-4 Phantom. Decals designed by FCM Decals.

The kit will be first available at the SMW 2023. For the retailers interested to have it at the show, please contact [email protected] for further information.

See you in Telford..."

Soon: https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48142

img-2-1695791588281.webp

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

A&AEF, who would that be then? Some very lucky Air Cadets around in 1982/3…….  Besides which, it was not part of the RAF. Not sure about the outer wing undersurface colours, can anyone confirm that these are correct?

Peter

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Just an observation, these aircraft have a number of lap joints around the airframe. For some strange reason these overlap against the airflow. No idea why, but they do.

Maybe some repair patches or local structural reinforcements?

Any photos 📸?

14 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Maybe some repair patches or local structural reinforcements?

Any photos 📸?

Nope, I was talking to one of the Duxford restoration guys at the weekend, and he told me. Apparently the whole design is a bit naff.

Have a look at some of the pics in the walkaround, particularly the starboard side of the fuselage, you can see some of it.

13 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Just an observation, these aircraft have a number of lap joints around the airframe. For some strange reason these overlap against the airflow. No idea why, but they do.

Ever been to South America?

"What are you worrying about,  the fuselage is closed,  it flies, where's the problem?"

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Nope, I was talking to one of the Duxford restoration guys at the weekend, and he told me. Apparently the whole design is a bit naff.

Have a look at some of the pics in the walkaround, particularly the starboard side of the fuselage, you can see some of it.

Technically it seemed to have worked rather well, at least it was dangerous and reliable over the islands... 

I imagine that with lots of stuff hanging from the wings, some butt joint will not be that significant overall.. anyways not a high performance aircraft!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Very effective COIN airframe though, and won a good few export orders. I wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of it. (And the casual racism in your subsequent post is noted.) 

Edited by goon
  • Like 3

On 10/17/2023 at 6:53 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

:hmmm:Been the closest to these aircraft than anyone of you have ever been, and never did I see the tiniest of overlaping joints against the airflow on their fuselages. Perhaps this was done by those geniuses testing the captured A-515 at Boscombe Down, I wonder? :giggle:

Just not to hurt any susceptibilities, I won't even mention some of the crass conclussions the evaluation team arrived to with regard to the performances of this aircraft while they used and abused the airframe for days in order to test it. :rolleyes: 

Oh, and with regard to the racist inputs, it really strikes me as very odd coming from you, Bozo and Frank. :blink2: What's the civilised side of the Andes for you, Chile?

That's sure really mature; really uncalled-for. They only make you look bad. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Pajarito said:

:hmmm:Been the closest to these aircraft than anyone of you have ever been, and never did I see the tiniest of overlaping joints against the airflow on their fuselages. Perhaps this was done by those geniuses testing the captured A-515 at Boscombe Down, I wonder? :giggle:

Just not to hurt any susceptibilities, I won't even mention some of the crass conclussions the evaluation team arrived to with regard to the performances of this aircraft while they used and abused the airframe for days in order to test it. :rolleyes: 

Oh, and with regard to the racist inputs, it really strikes me as very odd coming from you, Bozo and Frank. :blink2: What's the civilised side of the Andes for you, Chile?

@Pajarito no racism was intended, my roots are in Suriname, my family still live there.

I also know that in the countries I visited for work, it was very hard to get things done and on time. (same for Africa btw)

Even here in NL people from Suriname still joke about 'South American time' when discussing times for parties for example.

17 hours ago, Pajarito said:

No racism or insults intended, and my apologies if you  feel slighted.  I understand the differences between nations. There is a Pucara on display not too far from myself, and sadly it is not in the best of repair, being displayed outdoors.  The observations on construction techniques come from a restorer based at IWM who was surprised by what he had seen. I have no idea if this was a hybrid airframe or an otherwise intact airframe. I recall first seeing an example at Farnborough in the 1970s and have always had a liking for it.

Hi 

always liked the pucara, i have a  bomb fusing panel, ( complete with mcb's and wiring )  from one of the falkland/malvinas pucaras

I can't remember the serial number written on the back of it and it is packed away 

and i think a rpm gauge ?

cheers

jerry 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Like 1