1/48 - FMA IA 58 Pucara by Kinetic - CAD drawing

madcat911

7 minutes ago, Homebee said:

There's already a nice 1/48th kit from the MB339: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/181133-frems-0198-aermacchi-mb339a-pan

V.P.

Yes, but I think it's hard to find. (I'm luckily enough to have two.) I think Italeri announced they were going to re-box it a while ago, but haven't seen anything yet.

:blink2: Aw, "THEY'RE" Gawd! 

Sauron musta heard my prayers, finally!

On 1/31/2018 at 9:36 AM, Radleigh said:

So glad I never bought the Aconcagua kit now, I very nearly did too!  

Well, Rad, if this injection-moulded kit by Kinetic looks like the Aconcagua resin offer, then I'm completely sold. There's something which still puts me off building resin-cast kits.

On 1/31/2018 at 11:28 AM, Mike said:

Superb! :yahoo: I've been putting off getting the old Heritage shocker for years

Mike, what's with the Heritage kit you could tell me about? I saw it announced on a flyer Ian once sent me when I purchased the 1/48 Hunter T.7 conversion set. I take it that it's resin cast like the Aconcagua kit? 

3 hours ago, Homebee said:

I see ;)

Resin.jpg

:lol: V.P., my mate!

Yeh, top that off, Aconcagua is supposed to be releasing a resin-cast 1/48 Morane-Saulnier MS.760 Paris kit this year, so I don't know what my face is gonna look like when it happens.

Perhaps Kinetic will release an injection-moulded kit soon afterwards? Me wants 'em MS.760 kit!

Yeh, me does...

Cheers,

Dr(unc)2

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Mike, what's with the Heritage kit you could tell me about? I saw it announced on a flyer Ian once sent me when I purchased the 1/48 Hunter T.7 conversion set. I take it that it's resin cast like the Aconcagua kit? 

It's been out for years, and wasn't what you'd call "easy".  I seem to remember the fuselage halves were different lengths and so forth. :owww: You didn't miss much...

2 hours ago, Mike said:

:owww: You didn't miss much...

Ah, me sees...

Been searching the webz for piccies of the Heritage example; the windshield is awful! This when compared against Aconcagua's effort:

Heritage

1l0hC3N.jpg

Aconcagua

hJ4Byfd.jpg

Or was the windshield on the Heritage kit an artistic license on part of the modeller? It does look odd.

6 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Yeh, top that off, Aconcagua is supposed to be releasing a resin-cast 1/48 Morane-Saulnier MS.760 Paris kit this year, so I don't know what my face is gonna look like when it happens. (...)

In project (proximamente... ) since at least 2012!

Thread: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234910869-148-morane-saulnier-ms760-paris-resin-kit-by-aconcagua-project/

http://www.aconcaguamodels.com/prod/det_08.htm

http://www.aconcaguamodels.com/

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dambuster said:

That's actually just a pretty abysmal job on the heritage kit.  The windshield is nothing like that on the one I built.

Thought so. Yeh, me did. Then again, the propeller spinner and the nacelle intake below it look odd on the Heritage kit, methinks.

2 hours ago, Homebee said:

Uh-huh... Which is why me's typed "when it happens" on my last reply to ye, V.P. :bleh: 

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now announced for May 2019.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel/photos/a.150625411771245.1073741825.129238860576567/1038708052962972/?type=3&theater

Kineticmodel 

Due to the unexpected engineering problem the IA-58 push back to 2019 May.  But we will replace the schedule with F-16XL2

27067609_921764377990674_496786679143060

F-16XL2 link: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234965920-skunkworks-was-kinetic-f-16xl-148/&do=findComment&comment=3055642

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

That Heritage kit is so bad! the screen is wrong and the engine nacelles slope to much, saying that the anaconda ones are too straight.  There is a curve to them, but no hump.

I hope Kinetic do this right.

Julien

• 6 months later...
14 hours ago, mr_stomach said:

Some time ago Raymond said that will be no more early announcements - kit will be presented at the time of release. So i hope we will see Pucara soon (and Mirage F.1 and other announced kits).

Who's this Raymond? A Kinetic worker? 

Anyways, this kit would be the only one which I'd buy repeatedly, just to have one of each with the different decal options.

19 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Who's this Raymond? A Kinetic worker? 

Anyways, this kit would be the only one which I'd buy repeatedly, just to have one of each with the different decal options.

Kinetic boss and owner afaik...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

"Anaconda..." :rofl2: Anacondas are seldom straight, Julien. :wink:

Cheers,

Unc2

Aconcagua better?... but with my spelling record here I should not write too loud .....

:D

2 hours ago, exdraken said:

Aconcagua better?...

Yeh, Aconcagua’s “they’re” word, Werner (my mate).

2 hours ago, exdraken said:

but with my spelling record here I should not write too loud .....

Oh, your spelling's okay, perhaps you don't type too good. 😜 And speaking about typing loud, there's this good anecdote I'd like to share with y'all here.

When I still didn't have ADSL connection at home, I'd use to go to an Internet Cafe right across the street. It was nice in there at the time I used to go, because it was quite silent. Sometime I asked the owner if I she could play some music on her CD Player through the speakers on "they're" wall. She agreed to it as long as the customers were okay with it.

At first I started carrying CDs of my own collection; one day I brought a Belgian Goth band going by the name of Sengir (female-soprano-singer-fronted band, with a not-too-heavy background), and the broad just loved it.

With each passing day she would ask me to bring a different band in the same genre, until I ran out of alternatives; you name ‘em: Within Temptation, Epica, Visions of Atlantis, Theatre of Tragedy, After Forever, Nightwish, Amaran, Edembridge, Oratory, Atargatis, Darkwell, Leaves' Eyes, Lullacry, Xandria, Flowing Tears, Artrosis, etc - several albums each band.

Next day after that day I brought The Sins of Thy Beloved and then customers frowned at it, so the day after that I brought Venom in retaliation, and that was the last day playing music was allowed at the Internet Cafe.   

But silence, you know; there's something soporific in listening at people type around you; the faster, the better. There was a day this sheila was typing in the box beside me, and her fingers would real fly on the keyboard! I don't type that fast, to be honest with you; in fact, this post so far has already taken me a whole hour and a half, and it's even worse when I've got to type in Spanish, I don't know why.

Be that as it may, listening to the lass type was a pleasure until she started to strike the keys much more violently, and it just turned annoying. Then it could be heard as though the lady would slap her keyboard with her palms, both hands at a time! I stood up from the chair on my box and leaned over the edge to see her. She was in hysterics! Must have been arguing with her boyfriend over ICQ, Messenger, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other of those social platforms you use. I don't use any of those. Incidentally; does ICQ still exist nowadays?

So the owner asked Security to take the female out. And that's that.

Shortly after I got ADSL at home and needn’t to go to an Internet Cafe ever again.

Yeh, me needn't…

Cheers,

Unc2

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...