This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Tim_Both

Tristar Panzer 1 Ausf A

Hi All,

Here's my most recent and 4th armour completion, Tristar's excellent little Panzer. I build it out of the box including the ModelKasten tracks which came in the initial boxings.
This was the first time I used the popular hairspray technique to show a worn and weathered desert vehicle showing it's original panzer grey colour scheme.
I used a mix of Gunze and Tamiya acrylics and only the slightest bit of weathering pigments.
My only comment regarding the kit is to cut the '833' decal into separate numerals so they match the curve of the turret better.
Hope you enjoy the pics!

DSCF8757.JPG

DSCF8759.JPG

DSCF8765.JPG

DSCF8763.JPG

There's a few more at:

http://www.timboth.com/models/armour/panzer1a/panzer1a.htm

Thanks for taking a look.

Tim

Edited by Tim_Both

Really nice, like this a lot. Excellent build, paint and the weathering looks spot on!:clap2:

It's a nice little boy, very well weathered, exhauts grids looks nicely detailed, and tracks they are very expensive to get apart ...at least for me, :goodjob:

Cheers Tim :yes:

It looks good. Nice weathering. I will suggest to drill out the ends of the exhaust and maybe odd some smoke on the end. 

After the comment I would still be impressed with your model, well done there chap. Like it.

Tim,

truly STUNNING  armor!:heart:

I like the subtle weathering and your hair spray technique has added panache to your Armor.:yikes::clap2:

Good job  and thank you  for sharing it.

:mike:

Edited by HOUSTON
Spelling error..

Good job!

Like this a lot. I have the same kit in the deep stash - really must build it one day.

All the best

Ben

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 00:41, Tim_Both said:

Thanks to everyone who took the time to have a look and post a comment. Much appreciated.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Pardon my ignorance - I am unfamiliar with this kit - what scale is it - I've read through the thread - but can't see the scale.

BTW - Lovely work on the staining and chips - something to aspire to - thanks for sharing - Steve

Hi X,

Thanks for the comments.

This is the Tristar 1/35 kit. The original release (003) has the Modelkasten tracks which make a huge difference. Hard to find now but worth the hunt.

Tim