As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Randy J Ray

Ordnance QF 2 pounder Gun in Caunter Scheme?

(I guess this is as good of a choice for "first post" as any other idea I might have had...)

Greetings all,

I had thought I remembered seeing an article years ago where someone had built the Sovereign 2000 2-pounder gun in a Caunter scheme pattern. But I went through my database of references, and I only have one article of someone doing that kit; Steve Zaloga built it in a 2002 Military Modelling issue. And, alas, he did his in a straightforward desert tan scheme.

Did I just imagine having seen this at all? None of my Google-fu has been able to turn up any photos of the gun in that scheme. I'd love to do it, for something kind of different than my usually artillery projects. But I prefer to feel at least a little certain that it's legitimate!

Thanks in advance for any help/advice...

-Randy

There is photo evidence that at least one sported that scheme:

2pdr%20portee.jpg

The fact that it is being utilized in the portee fashion (as opposed to a static deployment) might be the reason it had the Caunter scheme applied.  Nevertheless, it is a rare find.

regards,

Jack

14 hours ago, JackG said:

There is photo evidence that at least one sported that scheme:

2pdr%20portee.jpg

The fact that it is being utilized in the portee fashion (as opposed to a static deployment) might be the reason it had the Caunter scheme applied.  Nevertheless, it is a rare find.

regards,

Jack

Thanks for that! It turns out that my database DOES have a second entry in it for a magazine article about the Sovereign 2-pounder. Only it turns out to be a magazine that I got rid of some years back >_<. At least I now know what my second post here will be...