1/72 - E.E. Canberra by AMP/MikroMir - B.2, T.4, T.11 & T.17 released

Homebee

9 hours ago, 71chally said:

Hopefully nothing more than a smidge of filler, but didn't we establish earlier in the thread that the S&M kit has the wrong wing chord at the tip joint?

James I will try to take a look at the weekend, I would guess as you say a touch of filler will fix any fit issues. The only one I can't test it on is the S&M kit, but seeing as that's the kit it is intend for it should be fine. Stay tuned!

John

On 7/11/2018 at 9:46 AM, 71chally said:

Hopefully nothing more than a smidge of filler, but didn't we establish earlier in the thread that the S&M kit has the wrong wing chord at the tip joint?

@71chally Well James I've Just had a look at all the 1/72 kits other than the S&M kit, the old and new Airfix, FROG and Italeri and the upshot is they don't fit any of them, but the good news is it wouldn't take much work to get them to fit. I basically requires the flat area on the top of the tank behind the trailing edge trimming back. 

John   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/10/2018 at 11:29 AM, canberra kid said:

My three ha'pith, I'm happy someone has had a go at a new Canberra but as I've said before, unfortunately this kit is far from being what we all need. The understandable temptation to squees out as may variants from the one model as posable my be good for the accounts but does the modeller no favoure's. The new kit is fine as a Tp. 52 (if you ignore the length issue with the kit, and other issues)  but one key feature of the T.11/19 is missing, the wind brake from the forward fuselage and some other specific to type details. I don't hold out any hope for the PR's being any better. 

John.

(Still waiting for a good 1/72 Canberra)

Lenght issue?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/freightdogmodels/photos/a.238637406163951/2293282197366118/?type=3&theater

Due with the High Planes restock is this Canberra Avon Starters and Fan Accessories set (HPA072064) for the S&M/AMP kits, an ideal companion for my replacement Tip Tanks if you haven't already ordered.

40664595_2293282200699451_87042503306085

V.P.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/28/2018 at 1:00 PM, 71chally said:

looks like it could mean B(I).8s at some stage?

I really hope so James!  

When I previously speculated if this might be possible from this kit (in its S&M incarnation) I was vehemently shot down :mg: for even asking the question...   on the basis that it would have to compete with a perfectly good Airfix B(I).8 "available" at 1/2 to 1/3 the cost...

I'd still buy a couple if they did though!:please:

Rich

Edited by RichG
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RichG said:

I really hope so James!  

When I previously speculated if this might be possible from this kit (in its S&M incarnation) I was vehemently shot down :mg: for even asking the question...   on the basis that it would have to compete with a perfectly good Airfix B(I).8 "available" at 1/2 to 1/3 the cost...

I'd still buy a couple if they did though!:please:

Rich

I'd stick with the Airfix one, unless they do a full rework of the kit, I can't see the point of paying that much for it. When it's really not that much better in a lot of ways. 

Jobn

On 9/9/2018 at 6:10 PM, SPAD64 said:

Hi everyone

are all parts of B.2 in the box? Because the AMP box is much cheaper

Spad

As far as I can tell, it depends. There appear to be boxes with the original parts (most importantly the nose) still on the sprues, but others where they've been clipped off! The box that was reviewed on Modelingmadness missed the original parts, but I have seen some sprue shots with those parts present. Maybe some kits "escaped unscathed" in the first distribution and S&M complained?

• Like 2

On 31/01/2018 at 10:05, chris57 said:

Funnily enough I have a nose conversion done by Reyhex for this variant as a T19 of 85 Sqn at Binbrook circa 1968. Apparently tip tanks were not used on this version.

I have a stalled build using the Reyhex part and planned to do XA536  of 85 Sqn in'68 as I saw this one parked among Lightnings of 226OCU at Coltishall

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Two weeks ago I received backordered AMP T.11 boxing and I was quite surprised.

Comparing it to what we have seen in inbox reviews from 2018, now instead of B.2 fuselage halves and wings we are getting B.6 ones.

It wouldn't be much of a bother (as differences are minor), if not a fact that B.6 wings have a recessed 10x10mm square cut, from wing leading edge, into wing, for different air intakes.

That means in current AMP boxing you can't make plane OOB as you are lacking parts.

This doesn't seem to be packing error, as manual was updated to new box content and at assembly it simple "misses" mentioned problem.

On the plus side, the boxing now contains more correct main wheels and the revised wing tip tanks.

If the boxing does not contain the sprue with the engine intakes to accomodate the revised wing moulding, then that's just not acceptable.

spacer.png

(taken from the Hannants website for Mikro-Mir T17)

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer, or return the kit for a refund, as it's not 'fit for purpose'?

Regards

Edited by robc
image edit
  • Like 2