1/72 - E.E. Canberra by AMP/MikroMir - B.2, T.4, T.11 & T.17 released

Homebee

1 hour ago, robc said:

On the plus side, the boxing now contains more correct main wheels and the revised wing tip tanks.

If the boxing does not contain the sprue containing the engine intakes to accomodate the revised wing moulding, then that's just not acceptable. (...)

It is as you stated. If there would be B.6 intakes it could be done.

So far I haven't contacted anybody. AMP seems to be "paper" company without any form of contact. I will probably try through MikroMir.

It just goes to underline the fact, if you are after an accurate model of a Canberra you can't go for a one size fits all approach, there are far too many nuances to take into account. I'm still waiting for a good mainstream kit or kits in 1/72 and 1/48.

John    

20 hours ago, Fictorque said:

So far I haven't contacted anybody. AMP seems to be "paper" company without any form of contact. I will probably try through MikroMir.

MikroMir may be your best option, they have a 'presence' on this site in the 'Shops, manufacturers & vendors' section.

You could always try Mel at S&M models as he was intrumental in producing this current attempt for a 1/72 Canberra.

Regards

Edited by robc
typo

• 5 months later...

Holy thread resurrection!

Any news at all on the PR.3, PR.7 or TT.18 kits mentioned by S&M, AMP or Micro Mir? I did drop a quick email to Mel @ S&M but didn't receive a response.

It would be a real pity if these versions were dropped.

Edge

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Edge said:

Holy thread resurrection!

Any news at all on the PR.3, PR.7 or TT.18 kits mentioned by S&M, AMP or Micro Mir? I did drop a quick email to Mel @ S&M but didn't receive a response.

It would be a real pity if these versions were dropped.

Edge

I would be surprised if these are produced now sadly, spoke to Mel a while back at one of the shows and he said Canberra's were not so popular after the initial burst of enthusiasm.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, ptmvarsityfan said:

I would be surprised if these are produced now sadly, spoke to Mel a while back at one of the shows and he said Canberra's were not so popular after the initial burst of enthusiasm.

Well the price differences between s&m and Mikro-Mir were... erm... fairly noticeable so maybe that's a factor...

My own example: I never considered the former to be honest, but gladly picked a couple of T.17s from Mikro-Mir. 

Jay

Edited by Mountain goat

7 hours ago, Mountain goat said:

Well the price differences between s&m and Mikro-Mir were... erm... fairly noticeable so maybe that's a factor...

My own example: I never considered the former to be honest, but gladly picked a couple of T.17s from Mikro-Mir. 

Jay

AMP about £33 last time I bought one, Got 3 from S&M and they were £36 each, so not a great price differential there. 

1 hour ago, Julien said:

AMP about £33 last time I bought one, Got 3 from S&M and they were £36 each, so not a great price differential there. 

From 'outside UK' perspective the difference is much bigger:

Direct import from S&M is like 41.50GBP*, compared with 29.50GBP* importing through Ukrainian e-shop.

*Equvalent price in GBP for one Canberra kit from order of two with combined shipping, including postage cost and PayPal fees.

33 minutes ago, Fictorque said:

From 'outside UK' perspective the difference is much bigger:

Direct import from S&M is like 41.50GBP*, compared with 29.50GBP* importing through Ukrainian e-shop.

*Equvalent price in GBP for one Canberra kit from order of two with combined shipping, including postage cost and PayPal fees.

Indeed at some online stores the price difference is almost 20 euros - Mikro-mir had to leave out the B.2 bits in the cheaper T.11 boxing not to hurt S&M sales.

Jay

Edited by Mountain goat

14 hours ago, Julien said:

Did Mikro-mir say this?

On page three and four of this thread the cut-out components for the B.2 in the T.11 boxing (removed after an initial batch where they had been included) have been mentioned concurrently with the price differences; after the T.11 had appeared I had also read speculation to that effect on other websites - but yes, I do accept your point that citation is needed therefore my statement is only as good as speculation. However I only made the point of price differences to help explain why sales may have been disappointing, which could ultimately also mean disappointment to fans of the Canberra; something that's worth avoiding. 😌

Jay

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/4/2018 at 7:26 AM, Homebee said:

Released - ref. 72004 - E.E. Canberra T.Mk.11

Source: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5632990743

Canberra T.11

Canberra T.11

Canberra T.11

Canberra T.11

Canberra T.11

Canberra T.11

Canberra T.11

Canberra T.11

Canberra T.11

Canberra T.11

Canberra T.11

V.P.

Buyer BEWARE!  I just got this kit from Hannant's and the bomber nose pieces (Sprue G near the tip tanks) were clipped and missing.  Modeling Madness reported this as well with one he got.  There are reviews and others advertised for sale showing pics of the sprues with the parts intact, so it's a mystery why some have it and some don't.  EDIT - have heard more on this and about 50-75 of the kits got through with the pieces intact before they had to be removed... so if you got one with the pieces intact, you got lucky.  So don't believe any reviews/pics that support getting those parts.  Hannants have updated their site to reflect this too and offered me a refund.

Edited by J.C. Bahr

AMP and S&M collaborated on the project. S&M are not responsible for what AMP sell and visa versa. They are NOT copies, just different varients released by two different companies who designed/made the kit.

This kit is the T.11 boxing and if you get the bits in there to build it what is the issue> thats what its sold as?

This is also NOT the place to call anyone out.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, J.C. Bahr said:

I just got this kit from Hannant's and the bomber nose pieces (Sprue G near the tip tanks) were CLIPPED from my kit!

Clipping the parts is just the cheap way of doing this. If it were, for example say Hasegawa, and the sprues had been gated off to preclude the bomber nose parts would you be getting all hacked off like this?

and S&M acts like they know nothing at all about Mikro-Mir or AMP, claiming they're completely different kits and not associated... so somebody's molds must have been illegally copied or something?!?!

S&M's B2/B6 and T4 kits that I have in my stash have very different sprues, a quick search on the web would have revealed this to you. Although there may have been some initial tie-up between all the producers you mention, there might not be now. I'm not seeing how you've reached the conclusion that somebody's molds have been illegally copied, that is your interpretation of your flawed/incomplete evidence.

Sorry to call them out, but I'm pretty miffed.  Think I gave them all enough chance at some form of customer service, but they don't want to stand by their product.  And I don't quite understand why there's apparently copies of this kit out there that do seem to have these parts and others don't.

I really don't see how you can call them out? S&M's earlier kits are substantially different to AMP's T.11 that you have purchased so I'm not following how you think one is somehow responsible for the other? Also you have purchased a T.11 kit and you have all the parts to build a T.11, therefore you have no grounds for complaint under UK consumer law and I would venture that would be the same in most countries. Finally, what do you need to understand about some kits having the bomber nose parts? A company took a decision to remove parts from a product they sell that weren't necessary for the version of the product they were putting in the box. It's certainly not something that should be causing anyone to lose any sleep at night......

This is a hobby for relaxation isn't it? Go fettle some plastic/resin and chill out.

Mark.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, J.C. Bahr said:

Buyer BEWARE!  I just got this kit from Hannant's and the bomber nose pieces (Sprue G near the tip tanks) were CLIPPED from my kit! 😡  Modeling Madness reported this as well with one he got.  AMP does not seem to have contact info... Mikro-Mir won't return messages... and S&M acts like they know nothing at all about Mikro-Mir or AMP, claiming they're completely different kits and not associated... so somebody's molds must have been illegally copied or something?!?!

Sorry to call them out, but I'm pretty miffed.  Think I gave them all enough chance at some form of customer service, but they don't want to stand by their product.  And I don't quite understand why there's apparently copies of this kit out there that do seem to have these parts and others don't.

If you don’t want it any more just pack it up and send it my way, I’ll quite happily build it🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, J.C. Bahr said:

I don't care what any of the rest of you think,

This actual thread contains multiple discussions about the removed parts in the T.11 (they are cut away, not gated off). Therefore when I bought one a year ago, I had hoped it would contain B2 or T4 parts, but I was prepared to indeed find empty spaces where the parts once were. Where I live almost two T11s can be had for the price of one S&M kit, so the latter wasn't ever a realistic option. Missing the T4 parts I'll use a B-57 nose from an Italeri kit I got dirt cheap at a modelling event. Point is, the kit's pitfalls were already very well known and discussed in this thread.

Jay 

• Like 3

Just want to say, I have dealt with Mel Bromley and found him to be a helpful and upstanding guy.

i particularly appreciate his initiative in getting us sorely needed kits that have been neglected by the “majors”. If S&M prices and clipped sprees are the price then I will gladly pay it. When I bought my T.11, I expected to get  a T.11., and I got a T.11. Something wrong with that?

• Like 2

Gents as ths is the rumour thread I dont want us embroiled in discussions about anything else, and certainly not calling people out, I thought I had made than clear in my other post.

I will say say the kit was a joint development with S&M marketing certain variants and Mirkromir others, it stands to reason then that the variants available from S&M would not be included on other kits. I know Mel personally and you wont meet a nicer more honest man in this hobby. 

Here endeth that discussion.

Thanks

Julien

• Like 3

@J.C. Bahr As my colleague has already said, at least twice, this isn't the place to air your disgust that you can't build another mark of Canberra when you bought a T.11 kit.  If a few kits went out with the parts still on the sprues as a mistake, that's just what it was, and the people reviewing those kits have unintentionally misled their readers - something that isn't their fault.  "Calling out" and getting angry and unreasonable about it isn't acceptable, as it was simply a mistake that you've fixated upon.

Julien has told you to drop the subject, so drop it.  Your right of free speech is not being affected, we're just exercising our right not to hear it. :)

Any further rants will involve a little holiday, or suspension as we prefer to call it, so let's not.

• Like 2