Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Homebee

1/72 - E.E. Canberra T.11/ B.2 /Tp.52; PR.3/.7 & T.17 by AMP - T.11 released - T.17 on approach

Recommended Posts

Hurry up with the T11 and someone please do decals for the RAF Leuchars based ones. :penguin:

 

Duncan B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, stever219 said:

Thanks for posting that photo James.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen an image before that shows the skin joints on the B. 2 wing tank areas as clearly and subtly as that.  Also it’s amazing how filthy the undersides got: if I’d seen that depicted on a model I’d have thought it “over the top”.

 

WH646’s front fuselage is now with the Midland Air Museum (indoors😁) at Coventry wearing the later Camouflage Beige🤮 and Light Aircraft Grey Camouflage.

Steve, just to clarifie, the B.2 had a dry wing. The panels you can see are just the wing skin. 

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks John: I know I should have known that.  I think my brain’s in a crate somewhere else and labelled “not wanted on voyage”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My three ha'pith, I'm happy someone has had a go at a new Canberra but as I've said before, unfortunately this kit is far from being what we all need. The understandable temptation to squees out as may variants from the one model as posable my be good for the accounts but does the modeller no favoure's. The new kit is fine as a Tp. 52 (if you ignore the length issue with the kit, and other issues)  but one key feature of the T.11/19 is missing, the wind brake from the forward fuselage and some other specific to type details. I don't hold out any hope for the PR's being any better. 

John.

(Still waiting for a good 1/72 Canberra)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very true John, unfortunately, as we discussed,  'one size fits all' doesn't work well in the case of the Canberra as there were many detail variations between the same mark let alone others.  Some basic details such as type determined wheel hub design and size, mudguards, seats and engine starter cartridge fairings, are very noticeable while others are more subtle. To my mind, this is what makes the Canberra such an interesting, if not slightly frustrating aircraft type!

My build article of the B2 version appears in this months AMW so folks can make their own mind up about it. Oh and thanks again for your help, it was much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Happy to have a better Canberra, actually three.

Edited by Trenton guy
Incomplete thought, first time around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Why oh why did Airfix not produce a 1/72 EE Canberra B.2/ T.4  the aftermarket possibilities are endless. 

Edited by T-21
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had a chance to look at the PE fret close up and it's as I thought, the main instrument panel does not match the T.11, T.19 or Tp,52, I suspect the Nav's panel doesn't either, not that that matters as it will never be seen! I still do not understand why they have included flat main gear door this is one part that is definitely not flat on the inside, they would have been better doing nose wheel doors and the auxiliary engine cooling doors. I can't work out what the other bits are other than things for the seats.

 

John

 

    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very interesting topic, I have the s&m T4 and am considering the B2, excellent review in Airfix magazine, thanks General! My question is, did all B2s and conversions have mudguards? Im sure the T17 at East Mids Aeropark doesn't.

Cheers, Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ptmvarsityfan said:

Very interesting topic, I have the s&m T4 and am considering the B2, excellent review in Airfix magazine, thanks General! My question is, did all B2s and conversions have mudguards? Im sure the T17 at East Mids Aeropark doesn't.

Cheers, Paul

Yes Paul all Canberra's apart from very early B.2's and the B.57's did have them. 

John 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, canberra kid said:

Yes Paul all Canberra's apart from very early B.2's and the B.57's did have them. 

From what I have seen in the instruction sheet: This set https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AGB72006 has mudguards for Canberras and should also fit this kit well (given it is very similar to S@M one)....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hadn't seen this post before and I am delighted to see this variant approaching, you can put me down for one of these kits.

MikroMir have a habit of satisfying us hungry modellers, well done guys ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/03/2018 at 20:47, canberra kid said:

I've had a chance to look at the PE fret close up and it's as I thought, the main instrument panel does not match the T.11, T.19 or Tp,52, I suspect the Nav's panel doesn't either, not that that matters as it will never be seen! I still do not understand why they have included flat main gear door this is one part that is definitely not flat on the inside, they would have been better doing nose wheel doors and the auxiliary engine cooling doors. I can't work out what the other bits are other than things for the seats.

 

John

 

    

Seems strange as the plastic main gear doors are actually not bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Julien said:

Seems strange as the plastic main gear doors are actually not bad.

It is a strange thing to do, again I think it underlines the sloppy aproach to the resurch or lack of that has gone into this kit. Another example of this is the T.17 on the face of it it looks good but unless it's been corrected in the kit the cable trunking on the righ side of the nose is missing! How? Why? It's not like there are no photos of a T.17, it's lazy and sloppy work. 

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, canberra kid said:

It is a strange thing to do, again I think it underlines the sloppy aproach to the resurch or lack of that has gone into this kit. Another example of this is the T.17 on the face of it it looks good but unless it's been corrected in the kit the cable trunking on the righ side of the nose is missing! How? Why? It's not like there are no photos of a T.17, it's lazy and sloppy work. 

John

Plastic parts can not convey a reliable thickness,
so for those wishing we provided an opportunity to fix this with photo-etching. You call this slovenliness? It surprises me.
   And yet it's surprising how you can not see the cable trunking?

 

Elementary! You need to go to the link and see the photo in full size. Well or here. it's lazy and sloppy work. 

 

Inked14_LI_800.jpgi.gif

 

12_800.jpgi.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance that corrected mainwheels will be in the kit?  Even if they are in resin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, praded-dembelya said:

Plastic parts can not convey a reliable thickness,
so for those wishing we provided an opportunity to fix this with photo-etching. You call this slovenliness? It surprises me.
   And yet it's surprising how you can not see the cable trunking?

 

Elementary! You need to go to the link and see the photo in full size. Well or here. it's lazy and sloppy work. 

 

Inked14_LI_800.jpgi.gif

 

12_800.jpgi.gif

My apologies, I could not see the trunking on my phone! Do you include the nose wheel doors in the PE. set? I agree with James @71chally regarding the main wheels, this would be a big plays point for the kit.

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2018 at 11:29 AM, praded-dembelya said:

In progress...  :)

Can i just confirm its 1/72 and a conversion? And will it fit onto the Airfix fit without too much trouble? 

 

Echo Mike with the red tail has to be an option along with some camo options.

Arabest,

Geoff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jazzie said:

Can i just confirm its 1/72 and a conversion? And will it fit onto the Airfix fit without too much trouble? 

 

Echo Mike with the red tail has to be an option along with some camo options.

Arabest,

Geoff.

Geoff it is 1/72 and it's a full kit.

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, canberra kid said:

My apologies, I could not see the trunking on my phone! Do you include the nose wheel doors in the PE. set? I agree with James @71chally regarding the main wheels, this would be a big plays point for the kit.

John

Accepted :) We will make new wheels. This time we did not include in the set the nose wheel doors. Meу be next time.

 

I need information about Canberra TT 18. To be precise, the target containers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have a look on My Site IPMS UK Canberra SIG you will find information there on the winch packs for the TT. 18,.  Also photos of the B.2 wheels. My I sergest you replace the main wheel doors with the nose wheel doors on the PE set. 

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×