I will build a Porsche 910. Think of a number - Finished!

an idea/thought for the headlamps; finish off the headlights themselves. build a dam around the cavity and fill the cavity with clear resin. then sand that back to the profile

• 2 weeks later...

That's a brave approach! I'm going for whack and hope, my cunning plan was to be the 17th build into the gallery as that was it's race number. Alas,I took my foot off the gas and got pushed down the results

Herr Porsche would not be happy so it's full throttle time, or as Google translate tells me pedal zum metall. Or at least decals to the water

• Like 2

Next stop will be the gallery,so here's a parting one, the rear now finished,which is of course the view everyone had by the end of the race

20180429_211933.jpg 

Drilled the rear light for some depth and clear fix over the top. As you can see one was better the other,but all good learning

• Like 3

I'll squeeze one more pic in

DSC_0990.jpg 

This Will convince me that I did fit one of the lens and didn't dream it come the morning. If there's no photo here, it's all very x files

Edited by Mjwomack
Typo
  • Like 3

• Mjwomack changed the title to I will build a Porsche 910. Think of a number - Finished!

Strange but true! I've finished, photos in the gallery tomorrow all being well. Meanwhile, did you think of a number?

It is indeed a Porsche 910, the original won the 1967 10,000 Km Nurenburgring in 1967. It the 1st time I've completed a GB - things are looking up

Thanks to the numerous fellow GBers for all the support, encouagrement, distracting links etc. etc

And more good hosting from, well, the hosts!

• Like 2

It's really nice to see this one finished (especially as it reminds me of one of my favourite Corgi cars from my youth :)).

Congratulations on finishing your first GB too!

Cliff