1/48 - Boeing B-52 Stratofortress resin/fiberglass kit by HpH - released - detailing sets

Homebee

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:56 PM, tomprobert said:

Story of my life... although to be fair the potential price of this release shouldn't affect Sanger's sales too much... plus building the Sanger kit will be much more fun! :D

Do not believe this man.  His definition of “fun” is very different from yours and mine.  I’ve seen that Sanger B-52 and I know which word starting with F and U best suits it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, pigsty said:

Do not believe this man.  His definition of “fun” is very different from yours and mine.  I’ve seen that Sanger B-52 and I know which word starting with F and U best suits it.

Do believe this man.

Big vacs are fun!

I'm wondering whether I'll order one or two more Sanger Buffs once I'm settled in my new home...

Cheers,

S.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sebastien said:

Do believe this man.

Big vacs are fun!

I'm wondering whether I'll order one or two more Sanger Buffs once I'm settled in my new home...

Cheers,

S.

Two more!?  

Sebastien, there are people out there who can help. You are clearly unwell. We need to get you some medicine. 😀

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tomprobert said:

Two more!?  

Sebastien, there are people out there who can help. You are clearly unwell. We need to get you some medicine. 😀

I think the autopsy will prove you right.

But hey, one metal/white, one with SEA camo, one with SAC camo and a last one in ACC grey...

Now, I'm contemplating scratchbuilding a 1/48 Tu-128 (as I am far from my bench, my braincell is behaving strange).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am MIGHTY impressed!

any news about decals out there?

I was also just reading that a flaps assembly will be availble separately (but to be ordered simultaniouly) as well as different payloads...  :)

it is really itching ....

On 4/24/2019 at 5:05 PM, exdraken said:

I am MIGHTY impressed!

any news about decals out there?

I was also just reading that a flaps assembly will be availble separately (but to be ordered simultaniouly) as well as different payloads...  :)

it is really itching ....

I'm in touch with Jiri from HPH. Decals (if I understood correctly (and I think I did)) according to Jiri (@Jiri, (who must be following this thread (and mine))), will be Memphis Belle III decals only, unfortunately. Talk about a boring scheme (to my mind). I'm buying it anyway but would have loved a SAC bare metal bird scheme. They missed the boat there. The only people buying this kit are old guys like me who a) remember SAC and b) are stupid enough to pay this amount of silly money. I would think their focus should be on some of these classic older schemes 'cos those that remember those colours are going to be the people buying.

However, of what I've seen the kit looks excellent.

I'm getting some terrific help on the other thread I started a week or so ago to build it in late '60's / early '70's SAC colours.

Did I get the parenthesis right?

• Like 1

I for myself would probably more likely  be doing a modern grey one... 

But then, not sure if one at all ... size is the biggest hurdle ;)

Edited by exdraken

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Is the undercarriage made of resin? 'Cause if so, then there's going to be a problem with regard to it supporting the weight, methinks... :hmmm:

Any info about the price tag of the kit?

Cheers,

Unc2

what about a quick google search :P

http://shop.hphmodels.cz/en/model-kits-in-scale-148/202-b-25-stratofortress.html

775,00 € but pre.order and 50% pre-payment required.....

are you going to get one???!!!! :)

I 'd assume these resin landing gears are supported internally with wires....

4 hours ago, exdraken said:

775,00 € but pre.order and 50% pre-payment required.....

:blink2: Say WHUUUUUUTTT...???!!!

4 hours ago, exdraken said:

are you going to get one???!!!! :)

No way I could afford to pay that much for an aircraft kit; not even half that much. If I ever durst, as mate @Jon Kunac-Tabinor has once put it: "my sheila would try to tear off my whole spinal cord as the alien critter did in the film Predator"

I recall how I had to run away from her when I paid €600 for my Aeroclub Vulcan kit back in 2015. Memories are still so vivid; only being a fast rugger saved my skin!

Yeh, it did.

Unc2

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

:blink2: Say WHUUUUUUTTT...???!!!

No way I could afford to pay that much for an aircraft kit; not even half that much. If I ever durst, as mate @Jon Kunac-Tabinor has once put it: "my sheila would try to tear off my whole spinal cord as the alien critter did in the film Predator"

I recall how I had to run away from her when I paid €600 for my Aeroclub Vulcan kit back in 2015. Memories are still so vivid; only being a fast rugger saved my skin!

Yeh, it did.

Unc2

oh... when 600 makes you run away, 800 (incl shipping I guess, or aftermarket custom decals :P ) will just make you run that little faster..... ;) 

and then inflation ... 600 4 years ago.... 

I can see one ending up in your shed.... maybe you train running a bit until it arrives ......

I for my self am definitely facinated..... but if I get around to actually buying or let alone  building it.... maybe in a very very weak moment.....

needed a house first I guess...................................

2 hours ago, exdraken said:

oh... when 600 makes you run away, 800 (incl shipping I guess, or aftermarket custom decals :P ) will just make you run that little faster..... ;) 

and then inflation ... 600 4 years ago....

€800 are way out of my league now and in the next four years, I guess. It's 60.84 Argie Pesos every each €, Werner, so if we did the maths, that gives you 48.672 Argie Pesos in total! That's almost 3/4 of my monthly salary right now.

My sheila has become more and more aware of the cost of my hobby, so there's no way I'd be able to disguise such an amount of money spent in any way. Plus, there's been a 25% depreciation of our currency after August the 11th.

I can see one ending up in your shed.... maybe you train running a bit until it arrives ......

Not a chance, unless I dated a wealthy sheila. :wink:

I for my self am definitely facinated..... but if I get around to actually buying or let alone  building it.... maybe in a very very weak moment.....

needed a house first I guess...................................

I'm fascinated as well, but I know where my limits lie financially. If you get round building one, I'll take a seat along your build and will go play Home By The Sea, and relive my life in what you build. :weep:

Yeh, me will.

:cheers:

Unc2

• Like 1

get them when moulds are still in good shape, fiber glass it's a very nasty girl not only to make something out of it but also to work with, if it's that kind of fiberglass you have to wear an hazmat suit and vacuum out all the residues, if they didn't be sure to add a layer of paraffin in the interiors otherwise with warm temperatures and whatever it will smell and release toxic fumes.

T, someone who once worked on sailboat yards and still hates fiberglass with a passion

Luigi

• Like 1

I have to agree that I would love to build a B-52 but not at this price.  It would not be worth explaining to my wife and not that she would not say ok, she would let me buy it.  But I would probably end up paying multiple times over for every future folly she could think of.  The sword of damaclese would be over my head.  But how much bigger is this than a 1/32 B-24? Could we ever see this come out from someone like Trupmy/HB or HK models?  I think given trends towards larger kits it is possible.

All,

Thanks for your replies and useful information. i'm aware the AGM-86 came along much later but besides the Hound dog I think the 30th Bombardment Squadron did carry other early ALCM's:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30th_Bombardment_Squadron#/media/File:B-52H_Rollout_P26183_(7251329956).jpg

(Thank you Wikipedia)

I suspect these were experimental however or mock ups. Anyone in the know on that? The picture does show the B52H scheme I want to build. Any help on finding references on this bird or similar would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

On 8/21/2019 at 1:04 AM, Harold55 said:

It would not be worth explaining to my wife and not that she would not say ok, she would let me buy it.  But I would probably end up paying multiple times over for every future folly she could think of.  The sword of damaclese would be over my head. 

There's the rub right there, Harold. I'm quite sure my sheila would be okay with me to buy a kit worth € 775 as long as she would be entitled the same amount spent in whatever goods she wanted. So, the HpH kit would end up costing me € 1550 +

Totally out of my league.

Cheers,

Unc2