Explicit Women - LONG TERM HMS Fearless 1982 double build

He means 'back in the days before I became a superb development engineer'

I hope to see it, one day finished to the Crisp Ex-FAAWAFU revised standards we've become accustomed to

I hope to see it...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Finished the details sheet - now just the vertical slices to go.

Here's the whole sheet (for perspective, this is a piece of A4 at full size).

40213945054_74157959d0_b.jpg

And here are closer views of the bits you haven't seen before:

40213945344_4ed378fd34_b.jpg

40213945204_0e98368a25_m.jpg

On, on

More soon

Crisp

• Like 6

These remind me of the illustrations in the AP docs that I always figured some full time professional illustrator took days to produce. It probably demonstrates the size of brain required to fly one of those there devil's-work whirly-planes; I imagine Crisp having feet on pedals, one hand on the collective, the other on the cyclic, fingers on PTT and trim(???) flying on instruments & using his spare left hand little finger to write the weekend's shopping list. Awesome.

Kirk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks, guys!  It requires the same attributes as good modelling, in my opinion; patience and attention to detail.

Anyway, on the home straight now; here is the start of the "slices" sheet which will be the final piece:

39150047230_bc5cc826fc_b.jpg

• Like 5

Quite a lot of real life interference at present, but I am gradually getting there with this final sheet.

40157615415_93e94f07c4_b.jpg

More soon

Crisp

Edit: ...and here a closer view of the bits that are relatively new:

39248010510_8ee665de00_b.jpg

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU
  • Like 7

Getting really close now - here's the dock work I started yesterday:

39333256020_4c1656b523_b.jpg

The back end:

39333257000_87fe29e3f9_h.jpg

Some details of parts of the catwalks:

27268890028_84a68f5d52_b.jpg

...and the whole sheet as it now looks.   The missing section (which I have started) is detail about the cranes - there will also be a separate sheet focused on the LCUs & LCVPs:

39333257100_1153a231e9_h.jpg

I've also made a decision about which build I am going to pick up again first... and it's none of the ones I was working on when I hurt my wrist.  The Seaking is coming back.

More soon

Crisp

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Goody goody, let's get the Queen of the Rivet back

Great artwork Crisp, I don't claim to understand the architecture but a deep steeping in Reeman and Forrester gives me an inkling of what you are showing us

• Thanks 1

...but before I return to 820's finest, I just need to put these drawings to bed.  For ease of handling I have split the most recent details sheet into 2 A4 sheets, like this:

40495659354_a031833cc4_b.jpg

41210143981_a46b372387_b.jpg

...and the very last piece of the jigsaw is under way, namely the main armament!

40495659594_4d5fcf3ae9_b.jpg

Mind you, by a strange coincidence my Christmas present to myself (ordered months ago) arrived this morning, and temptation is great...

40313688575_2f0f714da0_c.jpg

Also very saddened today to see that my favourite LMS has gone.  Salisbury is incrediblly lucky, in that it has two model shops... but the one I use more often has now closed (not unexpectedly, since the owner passed away a few weeks ago).

Thanks, David, for many hours of pleasure, and RIP.

40313689625_67e71f33f9_c.jpg

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

Agree with everything said above.l have Ark as well.need to do body building to lift the hull. One solid piece of resin.

• Like 1

I so fancy this in 1/72, main reasons being, i love the scale size, so that i can compare to my other builds, it is british, and has some recent history, as well as the added interest of the stern

• 2 weeks later...

Peerless Fearless.:clap:

I still remember building the old Airfix kit of this vessel some time in the mid 70s; with all that mixture of tiny helicopters and landing craft about its person it had a decidedly International Rescue vibe to it for a gluey-fingered 10 year-old.

Not at all by coincidence I found these drawings of an earlier HMS Fearless a while back - the gun-brig from 1804:

WkFearless2_850.jpg

More of a challenge to bump a Wessex down on that one I would imagine...

Is it just me or are naval architects' drawings some of the most sublime plan-drawings of all structures created by us humans?

• Like 2

• 5 years later...

I stumbled upon this post when searching for information of HMS Fearless. Bought the ship from my prize money and want to build a Falklands ship. These 6 pages of drawings come in handy for my Fearless conversion. 

• Like 1