Work Benches for Civil Aircraft

How about something off the beaten path? I have always gained insight and inspiration by watching other model masters at work, but even more so, from perusing their workbench. This may be a private and sacred place for some, but one can learn a great deal just by seeing another's place of work, where ideas come into reality, and seemingly insurmountable obstacles in model building are "scaled." So...let's start with my workplace...this is my model bench. Nothing too fancy, just a folding table with a large cut of hardwood to keep it steady and provide the room to work. On the bench right now is a Heller 1/72 scale Super Constellation, to be detailed and finished (someday) in KLM "The Flying Dutchman." While this topic is intended for civil airliner model enthusiasts, everybody is welcome...but...civil airliners pose their own cans of worms that are unique. Now...let's see yours!!

IMG_1517

Edited by Challenger350Pilot
Correcting Tenses

Is it only for civil stuff?

Clockwise: 

Workbench 1 - Short Belfast for Britmodeller 10 GB

bench_1.jpg

Workbench 2 - Converting Liberator to Privateer WiP

bench_2.jpg

Workbench 3  -  research area

bench_3.jpg

Three workbenches and loads of tools.......  doesn't improve my modelling at all!

Mike

• Like 2

Wow, how tidy and organised are those workbenches!? I'm too ashamed to show mine.

I only have an area about 1' x 3" to work in the rest is junk and works in progress's! How I ever finish any models I don't know.

Cheers,

Ian, who's off to tidy his bench!