1/72 - Westland Wallace & Wapiti by Dora Wings - in project

Homebee

On 1/30/2018 at 5:37 PM, hendie said:

wasn't there supposed to be a Wapiti in 1/48 also?

I'm working on a conversion that I'd like to make available...

Seems like everyone is doing their own conversions haha

• 2 years later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Westland Wallace & Wapiti by Dora Wings - in project

John has had some serious health issues over the past few years, which has not helped. He is 80 now, and although very sprightly at SMW, he is not in the first flush of youth. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mr T said:

John has had some serious health issues over the past few years, which has not helped. He is 80 now, and although very sprightly at SMW, it is not in the first flush of youth. 

I thought it must be something like that, I sent him some photos to help with the drawings some years ago but he'd already had some health issues back then. I imagine they're not top of his priority list so we'll have to be patient.

I have asked about this at Telford a couple years running.

Dora were waiting for John's help with drawings as I understand it. John is now retired; a project like this would be significant work for him as I understand it.

Dora of course face huge difficulties with the ongoing war.

We have of course been blessed with the 1/48 and 1/32 kits from Lukgraph, so the Wapiti has seen some much needed love in scale.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

When these do arrive is there any hope of them including markings for 601 Sqn (County of London RAuxAF)?

With ClearProp releasing the DH9 recently and @dora working on this, my 601 collection in memory of my Grandad is getting a lot easier!

ps. Evgeny, you are a legend!

12 minutes ago, OutcastJoel said:

When these do arrive is there any hope of them including markings for 601 Sqn (County of London RAuxAF)?

With ClearProp releasing the DH9 recently and @dora working on this, my 601 collection in memory of my Grandad is getting a lot easier!

ps. Evgeny, you are a legend!

DH9a, not DH9. That little 'a' makes a world of difference.

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Paul Thompson said:

DH9a, not DH9. That little 'a' makes a world of difference.

Paul.

Fortunately both are the DH9a 

(Although that is just pure luck, I hadn't clocked that the 9 and the 9a were substantially different).