1/72 - Westland Wallace & Wapiti by Dora Wings - in project

Homebee

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to these two, I hope they realise that the Wallace fuselage is not just a longer Wapiti one. A Wallace II would really be nice with the canopy. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Asked Dora Wing guys on the Wapiti/Wallace release date today at their stand at ModellBrno. The answer was a shrug and an uncertain giggle. So unless the Ukrainian body language differs significantly from the rest of Europe (and in fact, I am quite sure it does not), we should stop holding our breath for the 2019 release.

6 hours ago, Patrik said:

.Asked Dora Wing guys on the Wapiti/Wallace release date today at their stand at ModellBrno. The answer was a shrug and an uncertain giggle. So unless the Ukrainian body language differs significantly from the rest of Europe (and in fact, I am quite sure it does not), we should stop holding our breath for the 2019 release.

We are waiting for John Aero to complete his research and complete his wonderful blueprints. During our meeting in Telford, he had little to do. Unfortunately, some health problems (I think so) do not allow him to complete his work. We would not like to make a model according to other plans (in fact, there are no good ones). Therefore, we can only wait.

Edited by dora
  • Like 4

On 6/15/2019 at 9:27 PM, dora said:

We are waiting for John Aero to complete his research and complete his wonderful blueprints. During our meeting in Telford, he had little to do. Unfortunately, some health problems (I think so) do not allow him to complete his work. We would not like to make a model according to other plans (in fact, there are no good ones). Therefore, we can only wait.

I appreciate your thorough approach, fits to my internal setup. Do not worry, I (I believe we all) can wait, I have years of models in my stash. And after you make the Wapiti/Wallace, try opening another can of worms, the Fairey IIIF.

• Sad 1

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:37 AM, Mr T said:

A Wallace II would really be nice with the canopy. 

x2.  Bought a Frog Wallace at a show recently only to realise, when I looked into it, that there's considerably more to converting it into a TT.II than I thought.  That canopy is terrifying.

. I was thinking of  a bomber MkII as they were used by 504 Sqn, the fuselage held by the RAFM is a II and there would be a fair bit of work so all cred to J-W 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

On 2/9/2018 at 8:37 AM, Mr T said:

Looking forward to these two, I hope they realise that the Wallace fuselage is not just a longer Wapiti one. A Wallace II would really be nice with the canopy. 

On 6/16/2019 at 11:19 PM, Seahawk said:

x2.  Bought a Frog Wallace at a show recently only to realise, when I looked into it, that there's considerably more to converting it into a TT.II than I thought.  That canopy is terrifying.

You don't have to wrestle with that lobster back - it looks like it wasn't always fitted.

spacer.png

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mike said:

Why did I just read the topic title as "Wallace & Grommet"?  I think I need a lie down

I should think so too,to anyone who knows anything about interwar air ministry aircraft naming policy it woud have been patently obviouos that the Grommet was a Gloster product and had nothing to do with Westlands.

Westland Wallace, Gloster Grommet (oh and the Short Shaun)

• Haha 6

On 6/16/2019 at 9:44 PM, Patrik said:

I appreciate your thorough approach, fits to my internal setup. Do not worry, I (I believe we all) can wait, I have years of models in my stash. And after you make the Wapiti/Wallace, try opening another can of worms, the Fairey IIIF.

Hit the imogi by mistake, although it is rather sad that we do not have a nice 72nd / 48th Fairey lll .

Keith

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2020 at 8:09 AM, Britman said:

Hit the imogi by mistake, although it is rather sad that we do not have a nice 72nd / 48th Fairey lll .

Keith

Indeed! And Fairey Fox, to do the Belgian one from 1940!

Cheers

J-W

• 4 months later...
On 15/06/2019 at 20:27, dora said:

Hi Dora,

I'd love to hear how this project is progressing, if at all. I understand if you can't share any details.

I've been checking back over this thread over the past few years to keep track as I would eagerly await a 1/48 Wapiti kit. My great grandfather flew these so I'd love to build a Wapiti. It's an important aircraft and was not even treated by wingnut wings so the only modelling option is a 1/72 Frog conversion!

Regards,

Rowan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graham Boak said:

There is an excellent CMR Wapiti.  Not being a WW1 aircraft, it isn't surprising that Wingnut Wings didn't do it.

The CMR kit is an option, indeed, but a rare one. I believe only one has sold on eBay in the past 6 months. Personally I would like a lineup of numerous Wapitis to match those in my family's service photographs - an unusual project I admit but you'll appreciate why I am hopeful for an injection kit.

I mention wingnut wings because they did a postwar DH.9A Ninak, which served alongside the wapiti for a time and had parts commonality.